Doll Review: Barbie Fashionistas curvy "Chambray Chic"

Hello!

Another doll collection today: the 22nd Barbie Fashionistas Chambray Chic doll. At first I didn't mean to review this doll, but since I have a small project for it, I wanted to share some photos with you at first.

Chambray Chic appeared in the 2016 Barbie Fashionistas line and appeared in a new curvy body. I've reviewed two dolls with this body type: Sweetheart Stripes and Spring into Style .



The box looks like any other and this doll has a heart on it.



When I disassembled it, I found this stain. It will be beautiful....


And here's the non-standard.



A new head cast appears in the lush doll, in the same style as the spring doll. I don't know if this form has an official name, but people seem to call it Carl's Play Line. She also has blue eyes and blonde hair, which reminds me a lot of Barbie.


Considering the stains I saw, the hair wasn't as bad as I expected. He didn't look very sharp, but maybe they were just trying to make him squirm. However, I'm not very interested in her hair, because I'm going to change it.


The blouse has a patterned denim vest and the bottom is yellow. I really like the idea of ​​a patterned vest, but overall the dress looks cheap. She also wears a pink belt that can be dyed.


Wear black Mary Jane flats. I think Curvy dolls have slightly bigger feet than real Barbie dolls, but I also think the shoes make their feet look bigger.


Overall, this doll looks quite boring compared to other fashionista models. Don't get me wrong, she's cute, but there's really nothing special about her and she doesn't look like Barbie. However, this doll's boredom (is it just a word?) can be a good thing, as it's a great opportunity to try out some personalization projects to bring it to life. Also, these dolls are very cheap, so if I made a mistake it wouldn't be a big deal.




Speaking of personalization plans, I'm thinking of dyeing her hair. I've seen several videos with different techniques but haven't decided which one will work best. Also, I haven't decided what to do yet. At first I thought of giving my hair some pastel colors, mostly lavender and brown, but then I thought it would be better to give it an ombre look using dark blonde or light brown. Ombre will look more natural and go well with other outfits, but pastel colors can be a lot of fun. What do you think?


I know I'm always asking for suggestions on naming my dolls, but for that I've chosen Michelle. Do you think it suits him?

So what do you think? Is it in your collection?

MRS

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url