Making more backgrounds for doll photography


Good morning! How is your winter going?

I took the final exam a few days ago and I think I did well, even though I only got the results at the beginning of July. Now I have two months until the next semester. I think I deserve it, I have been working full time and studying in the evenings for over 6 years. I hope next year will be my senior year at university so I can focus on doing the right thing.

Over the winter, I had some blogging ideas, mostly related to pop photography. This summer I plan to expand my Instagram account and also work on my photography skills. Let's see if I can do everything I'm going to do.


Howleen Wolf Doll photography backgrounds for Instagram


While I'm working on new backgrounds for pop photography, today's post is also about photography. A few months ago I wrote an article summarizing some background ideas for your pop photos (see here ). This is kind of a "Part 2" for this post. While chatting with fashion pop stylists on Twitter, she gave me two great back ideas, but I don't want it to be too long, so I'll post it in the next post. I also wanted to focus in this on the simpler things anyone can do and will give you the ability to use what you have at home. As they say, let's get started.

As you already know, I always use a large piece of cardboard for my photos. I also have bright colors and glitter. But what I've never done before, I've overlaid them to create a two-tone background. It's so easy, I don't know why. Fly agaric is here.


Amanita Nightshade Monster Crafts Doll photography backgrounds

And here's how I prepared it all:

How to make backgrounds for doll photography


Since I don't have a softbox, I cover my table lamps with tissue paper for my lamps. Inexpensive, but since I've learned this skill, my zipper looks better.



Lights for doll photography


You can always make a different background or change a color by changing the pop layout, map layout.



I love Fashion Iris Clops


The only problem I have with cardboard is that the color choices are very limited. I was looking for shadows, I could not find them, besides a box with the prints. I live in a small town and sometimes Odyssey finds something interesting or unusual. So I decided to paint my box with grain and embroidery. Yes, the format is very small, but I can't see how I draw a large piece of cardboard. I may be able to use spray paint, but I know a lot of people don't like spray paint and I wanted it to be suitable for beginners. You don't need a lot of symbols here, just draw them on a brand new grain box.



Painting doll photo backgrounds


I was looking for a background color like Peach / Coral so I used this color from American and Coral Blush. For some reason it may not look as active on camera as it does in real life, but in some colors it does. This is Courtney, or Coral Crazy.



Crazy for coral Coral blush background


I also wanted a bright purple color, so I got the acrylic from LeFranc in the "Blueberry" shade. I know LeFranc is supposed to be a great brand, but this one has not fared as well as in the US and still seems to be regulated on 2 levels. I don't know, probably because I've been experimenting with it for a while. Also, when it dries, it doesn't feel as stretchy as I expected.



Painting a purple background

If the size of the bean can is an issue, you can always place it horizontally.



How to set up backgrounds


You can still see some boldness here, but Casta Fierce looks good with this color.



Casta Fierce Singing purple background


Here are two colors that I have found useful.



Americana Coral Blush Le Franc Bilberry


I also got these two colors from a Spanish manufacturer called Titan who I don't know if it's available in your area.



Titan Acualux Satin Fucsia verde Pistacho


This product called Aquax is very good, especially the Matt formula. However, it's satin and I wanted my background to be flat so I mixed it with a matte medium to enhance the green. It was very difficult to point out the error and it seems to have been corrected a bit. However, you can barely see the touch on the camera.



Orange Hair Howleen Neon Green Wall

When I chose these two colors, I thought of Hawley Wolf. She is one of my favorite dolls in Monster High and I love photographing her. Its bright colors make it very fun and exciting. I think it looks good in this photo and you can't even see the satin.



Orange Hair Howleen Hot pink background

I also wanted to try the color of the metal finish because I wanted to see if it would appear on the camera and how the light would reflect on it. I chose this copper color from the Amsterdam brand. Again the color is very dense and doesn't spread well, but I've been in this house for a while. However, I don't care about maturity here as it helps to look like brushed metal.



Amsterdam metallic copper


It looks good on the camera because it gives some texture to the back. What do you think?



Casta Fierce Monster High The Monster Crafts


First I wanted to draw two backgrounds of the same color, but at one point I thought it would be nice to draw a background of the same color. It still takes two steps, but it's much simpler. Start with a solid background. I decided to do mine in black.



How to paint a background


So pick some colors, dip it in water to make it more liquid and start spraying it on your face. I recommend using contrasting colors as they are more visible. Sorry for the awful photo, I only took it with one hand. Now I understand that I can use my tripod.



How to do splatter paint effect


The result is there. You can do this on cardboard (I thought after painting my box). I think it looks good on the camera.



Iris Clops splattered paint background for Instagram

I think that's enough for one post. I have a lot of wallpaper ideas and I plan to post a helpful article about them. Let me know in the comments that you like it a lot and comment on future posts. I also thought about making "themed" photos with dolls, like a colorful story or inspiration like a tree or nature. Also, if you have Instagram or Facebook , feel free to follow me there too.
Recently blogged.

MK


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url