Doll unboxing and review: Gooliope Jellington

Hello demons and monsters! What were you guys doing? I'm sorry for not participating for a long time, but I had some problems with my work, and I also painted furniture. Finally, I had the right to write a new post and see a doll that really fascinated me: Gooliope Jellington!

Gooliope Freak du Chic is a giant girl who works as a circuit manager in a circus. Her biography says she is the daughter of a stranger, but if you read her memoir, it indicates that Juliope was a bad experience abandoned and adopted by a new circus family.



Gooliope is not only a fictional giant, he is also much taller than the average Monster High doll and is about 50cm tall, while other MH dolls are 27cm tall. And because it's huge, it's a bigger chest than other dolls.

Gooliope Jellington box

I love that everything in the box is gigantic and feels weird. The Goliope appears to be locked in this box and appears torn in two places where plastic hands should have been, as if trying to escape. In my Gooliope box, his hands are not in the right place and you don't really feel this effect.




Gooliope Jellington review

In the lower left corner of the image, you can see a beautiful artwork by Gooliope. In that regard, it reminds me a bit of the movie Attack of a Woman with 50 Men .


The back of the box is the same as most new Monster High pop fonts: there is a small image of the doll and a large image of the character's face that takes up almost the entire back of the box.

Gooliope Jellington back box

Her chest for such a large doll is not very big, because she clings to it and her knees are bent. It's his chest next to Marisol Cox.

Gooliope Jellington Marisol Coxi box

You can take a closer look at the Gooliope when removing the front plastic (it was very easy).

Gooliope Freak du Chic


The back of the box is a circus. In the lower corners you can see silos for other characters such as Jinafire or Toralei appearing in the Freak du Chic line.


It took me a while to get the Gooliope out of the box because the plastic that held it in place was stronger than the plastic used on the mini dolls. After a few minutes, I was able to remove it:

Removing that plastic was a nightmare.
The first thing that comes to mind is that it's awesome. I was familiar with it before buying it, but it looks impressive in person. At first, I didn't know how to act because I was used to handling 30 cm long dolls. Because her body was heavier and stronger, she had difficulty standing up, so she fell more easily than other dolls.

Gooliope Jellington

They are twice as tall as regular Monster High dolls, compared to dolls like Nefera or Casta Fierce, which are taller than other girls. Here is a photo of Gooliope with Casta. Note the size of the Gooliope.

Gooliope Jellington and Casta Fierce

Gooliope has dark pink skin, with shaped details that give the impression of a gelatinous texture. Looks like there's a leak in the body or something.


Here are some nice details that show the Jollibee flower is a lab-created flower, like the radiating symbols on its face.

Gooliope Jellington eye detail

Her hair has a wonderful mix of yellow and hot pink. Her hair is shoulder length and is meant to be curly, but the back of her hair is a bit messy.

Gooliope Jellington hair

She also wears this beautiful golden kaliop headband which is tied with a piece of plastic on her head.




Besides the positional details, her body is very interesting because it has different joints than other Monster High dolls. Her knees and elbows are rectangular, reminding me of a Spartan doll. He can bend his knee like this:

Like the:




or even like this:



She wears clothes inspired by the circus. The color palette consists of black, white, hot pink and golden yellow. It has that beautiful circus curtain detail on the bottom and even Monster High skulls on it. She also wears a black and white striped dress.


He also wears gorgeous golden shoulder pads and circus-inspired wheels.

Gooliope circus shoulder pads



His shoes are probably one of my favorite parts. They are in a hot pink color and have a stunning round silver horse heel.


Gooliope Jellington shoes

The shoes are great compared to Monster High shoes. Here is the Gooliope next to the Frankie Stein shoe from Picture Day:



I am amazed at the size of their hands. Out of curiosity, she compared her hands to the hands of other dolls. Here is a comparison between the hands of Casta and Frankie.

From left to right: Breed, Gooliope and Frankie
Just for fun, I tried to represent it as my own work of art. It's my best.




I really like Gooliope Jellington, she is a beautiful doll with a different and adorable body structure. I'm a little worried about where I'm going to store it, because it's too high to fit on a doll's shelf. I think Mattel has done a good job with this doll, but I'm afraid this doll will appeal more to collectors than children, as it won't match other dolls' clothes or accessories. If I was a boy, I probably wouldn't like it for the reasons above, so Matt Claudine released longer versions of Draculaura and Frankie. Even as an adult, I don't know how to pair her with other dolls, but I'm glad she joined my Monster High group.


Welcome to Monster High!
my result? I think Julep is a beautiful and interesting doll. It doesn't quite have the quality of collectible dolls like Barbie Silkstones, but if you collect toy line dolls like me, I highly recommend buying these.

What do you think of Gooliope? Do you intend to add it to your collection? Let us know what you think so far.

CM

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url