The odyssey of finding a doll in Spain

Hey, how are spirits and monsters?
I didn't write for a long time, but I was on vacation with Mr. Monster to visit the beautiful north of Spain and escape from the local party. While I was there I went looking for dolls but didn't find anything interesting so I came up with an idea for this blog post.

First of all, I would like to say that this is my personal opinion , based on my experience as a collector of adult dolls, and mainly based on dolls that I know well, such as Monster High, Barbie, and Ever After High. .

It all started looking for Porter Gais in the store. In addition to Vandal, I bought my orphanage (Kyomi and River) from a toy store. However, I was upset that none of the stores I went to had Porter. I asked one of the biggest doll collectors in my country where I could find Porter, and he suggested I go to a store called Juicy, since Porter was there. Well, I might be the luckiest person on this planet because I've been to 5 or 6 Giugetto stores and couldn't find it. I even asked some of the people who work in these stores and they told me not to put the baby in the stuffed boxes, even one of the workers suggested that they release the baby later, I know that is not the case. Goalkeeper

While looking for Porter, my attention turned to high end Vintage Monster High dolls like the 28.90 Scaris dolls. I also noticed that in Spain we seem to have a problem with every second wave of the Monster High line. Has anyone from Spain ever seen the New Scaremester Wave 2 toys in stores? About a year ago I had to buy Catty Noir and Invis Billy on Amazon.com. But you can still get some New Scaremester Wave 1 toys in stores for $26.90. At the same time, I have no hope of finding Monster Exchange wave 2 dolls in stores.

New Scaremester Catty and Invis Billy

And don't let me talk about the Ever After High broadcast in Spain. We have yet to see the Duchess Swan, Lizzi Hartz or Cedar Wood brands launched a year ago. I was also impressed by the big box retailers like El Cortte Ingles, and I know one of their employees told me, "They'll never do this again" (so read more here ). It's probably a factor as to why they're doing so poorly .

Also, if we find a line of dolls, even though it is sometimes sold in an international store like Toys'r'us, we will find it a hundred years after other countries. For example, the main line appeared at Toys'r'us a year later (actually) from another location or Iris Klopps, who has been at Toys'r'us.com for a few months, but hasn't appeared yet. . It doesn't appear anywhere else.

I don't like to buy my dolls online because I don't want to buy dolls with the eyes and I prefer to check the dolls before buying but I have no choice but to buy them from Amazon.com if I don't have a local toy store. And perhaps the most frustrating thing is that if I buy dolls in the US online and pay $18 for shipping, I still buy them at a much lower price than in a doll shop in Spain. How is it possible?

I really want to buy dolls in Spain and I don't know if the shortage of dolls in Spanish stores is the fault of the store or the manufacturer. I know that I am not an influential blogger and very few people read the full article, but I hope that my little article will help make a difference in the near future.

Are there similar problems in your countries? Tell us about your experience buying toys.

Mrs.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url