Doll Review: Barbie BMR 1959 Curvy

And for about a month now, I've been posting for about a month now. The last few weeks of university have been crazy. I think I mentioned it before, but I signed up for an online internship at a communications agency. In short, the client was not satisfied with our last order, he had to return everything. All this during the last three weeks of school, when I also had to see and present the project. I got it right, և I finally have time to come here to talk about everything to do with dolls.

A few years ago, I reviewed a lot of dolls, mainly because it was the only way to find content in a regular blog. Once I got bored, I did not think people would find it interesting, so I stopped making it. Now, when I'm talking about a new doll, I'm trying to add something to the post, such as a new background or a comment on another topic. For this particular doll, however, I feel like I have a lot to say, so it would be very helpful to deny this post.



For those who do not know, the BMR1959 dolls were released in late October or early November 2019. If you missed it, here's the announcement . When I saw them, I did not like them. The clothes were so weird to me, I was confused. To my surprise, people loved them, thought they were cool, and fashion looked great, while I thought they were somewhat worthless. As soon as I flipped through the clothes, I came across some pretty dolls, especially this one. In the end, if you do not like the clothes in which the doll comes, you can always fix it.

Now why did it take so long to get this doll? Since I was not sure about the doll because of the clothes, I did not want to get it at all costs. I found the reference price to be $ 30, in my experience dolls in this price range are usually around € 50 ($ 55) in Spain. I did not spend 50 euros to buy a doll that did not really convince me. Also, about a month ago they announced Chriselle Lim dolls that I like (see here ). It was not available in Spain at the time, but I was expecting to spend my coins on it, so BMR had to wait. To my surprise, BMR1959s sold for 30 euros ($ 33), the first time I sold a Mattel collectible doll for the same price here. It got me more interested in this doll, but I'm still waiting for Krisl Lim. A few months ago Chriselle Lim was not available in Spain, I could not find a European dealer selling it. Honestly, it's a little disappointing. About a month ago, however, I searched through Amazon and found this lady for only € 22. It was my chance to finally have it - here it is finally.



The packaging is really cool. It looks like a bag that closes with a drawstring. The only downside is that you can not see the wrist, so you do not know if your wrist is curved or not. After opening, the doll is protected with a towel with the BMR1959 logo on it. It's a beautiful detail.




It so comes to the box. Each of the BMR1959s has a different background color, especially this one with a nice bright purple color that I would love to recreate for future photos.

BMR 1959 GHT94


The purple bottom is not attached to the case, so you can slide it down and drop your wrist easily. he is here.



I can tell you now I do not like how her clothes fit. However, I got it mainly because I love her face. He uses a Pazette carving, of little use, especially on collectible dolls. I do not have a doll that carries this figurine, so I would like to add it to my collection. I think I'm kind of a "sculptor".



I think he's pretty good overall, but I can see his face paint is not quite the same. I love the dark purple lipstick, I think it suits her well.

Her hair was tied in a ponytail. Part of the hair is twisted and wrapped around an elastic band. It's a beautiful haircut. She has baby hair dyed in her forehead, which Mattel has been doing lately, especially on colored dolls. There are sunglasses in her hair that I will try to remove at some point.



She wears silver earrings. One engraved "BMR" and the other "1959", but I think it will not work well on my camera.



Like I said, I do not like clothes. These dolls are said to be 90s inspired and people who like them remember the game Benetton Barbies from the 90s. Personally, when I first saw them, I did not get Benetton, I got Barbie and Supreme . However, I feel the 90s have had little impact on fashion lately, so I agree now.



The outer casing is made of plastic - it's quite stiff, so it can not fit well. When I saw the promotional photos, I thought it would be made of a mere synthetic material. It hurts to take it off or put it on. It was also not done well.

At first I did not understand what dress this hat was wearing, the grandmother's throne. But I recently saw the right version of it on Instagram and got it. I do not think this design translates well to dollhouse scale, that is not all. Even though I called it "grandma's couch", I love the pattern, it's colorful.



He wears these gold ankle boots. I like them because they are so versatile, but I think they are useful.


She has the same dark complexion as the "Made to Move" doll in pink and magenta pants.



Here is my problem with this line. I do not consider them collectible dolls, they are more like "luxury costumes". € 30 I think it's a bit expensive for what you get, but the € 22 I paid is a fair price as it has a custom moving body and comes with an accessory. Ordinary dolls for dolls cost about 15-18 euros, while Style Luxe dolls cost 20 euros a few years ago. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they're asking for more just to be labeled as a group. I know it's not a big difference in price, but it irritates me.



The other thing that worries me is that we last saw a regular Made To Move doll, so I feel Mattel decided to make this body type a little more special, and hard to find.

Overall I think this doll is beautiful, I'm glad I finally bought it և I bought it even at a happier discount. I do not like clothes, but I see that they fit perfectly with current trends. very asus, very sublime. I'm too old to understand this “urban” style (or as it is called), or maybe I'm from a different cultural background, so I do not. People think they love this style, so I wonder if Mattel considered selling fashion bouquets about it.



For the other dolls in the collection I think it's beautiful, if I had a bigger budget to allocate for dolls I would have tried to get a Kira. To be honest, if money and space were not an issue, I would have bought any doll. Unfortunately, since we moved, I've cut my budget to spend a lot on dolls so I can stick with the dolls I really want. They recently launched Channel Two in this line, և There's a redhead boy I consider cool, but so far he's the only one I want to buy.

What do you think ? I'm very picky. In the comments section, tell us what you think of this series of dolls. I always pay attention to what you say.

Hope you are well և See you soon.

monster vessel

Note: It also needs a name, so any offer is welcome.


Let's stay in touch.



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url