Quick and easy background ideas for doll photography


Hello pop friends!

I swear I had planned to write before, but life was as short as ever and I was unaware of it. As I focused on the finals, I did only the most basic homework, so now that I'm out of work for a while, I have to fix a few things. It's not like the god monster does nothing, but he works full time, so I don't have more time than I do. I always try to do everything I want to do, but I never have time to do things like repair my shoes or clean the oven. In addition, my regular photo editor no longer worked, so I had to look for a new one. But in the end, I'm sitting here in front of a computer and writing.



When I came up with some new release ideas that were a little different and useful for people, I thought of taking some kind of “behind-the-scenes” photos of the dolls. However, I am not the most experienced photographer and there is not much content or innovation in my photography. That's when the idea of ​​creating an idea in the background came to my mind, and I thought it would be more fun. I hope to give you some ideas and get some new ideas from you.

Of course, I'm not a photographer and I don't have a professional camera, so don't expect too much professional advice. In fact, it's all about sharing ideas about photography tips and tricks. If you also want to give me professional advice and tips, do not hesitate to write a comment. If so, let's get started.

Colored cardboard or colored paper

You've seen it used as a background on my blog for several years. I use dark blue in all my pop reviews, and I bought a few colors a while ago. I don't know your series, but it's usually sold here in A4 format and larger, I use it.


13 wishes Howleen Wolf doll photography

This is how I take my photos to get an idea of ​​the size.

Doll photography tips and tricks

The advantage is that you can take full pictures of your doll, while other backgrounds limit you to a certain photo. On the other hand, most of the brands I see have the same colors, but you can still find some interesting ones, such as glitter boxes or even prints. Or you can try to personalize it. This brings me to the next point.


Do it yourself with a box of cereals


This is probably the most effortless floor, but all you need is a box of grain, paint and a brush. Simply cut out the widest part of the grain box, place it flat and cover it with your favorite colors. I chose this matrix because of its origin, but it looks sadder than I expected.


Frights Camera Action Viperine Gorgon

To use the wolf god, I rubbed a box of cookies to make sure it looked good while waiting for this grain box to finish. I used this brown marker from Amsterdam, but you can use any acrylic paint you have at home.


Generation Girls Marie Lara wave 2

The cookie dish looks good, but it's too small and you can just hit your head, and the cereal forces you to pull almost your whole body. This may vary depending on the type of grain, as some boxes are narrower and others are shorter. Mine looks like this:



Monster High Viperine doll photography

I also tried to paint it on ordinary cardboard, but I do not like the result, because you always see these stripes on the cardboard. It might be interesting if you want a little texture, but that's not what I was looking for. I will try again, but this time with Gess as a raw material.


painting backgrounds amsterdam acrylic

On the plus side, you can make the color you want and if you're inspired, you can create a pattern or use a template to decorate. But if you're not into crafts, don't worry, read on.

Wall and painting patterns

Some time ago, I worked for a wallpaper company, and every year many catalogs were cut, and instead of throwing them away, we gave them to good customers who would use them to scrap.

Most of the models with these murals were too big for the pop scale, but then this catalog was discontinued and I thought it might be interesting for a pop photo, even if it wasn’t exactly my style.


My favorite wallpaper is this wooden board pattern. They are very thin by "human standards", but look good next to dolls.

Barbie Look Music Festival

Can also be used as a floor.

Project MC2 Adrienne Attoms wave 1

Selling murals varies from place to place. For example, it is very popular and cheap in the UK. Some areas will give you a free sample that may be the right size for your photos. However, I recommend that you go to your paint depot and ask the employee if the samples are ready and ready to be discarded. If you usually go to the store and have a few samples to download or call, there will probably be more.

Ever After High Darling Charming

You've seen the examples of paintings in front of me in some of my "Pop of Colors" posts. They are A4 in size, which doesn't allow you to take full-length photos, but you can take cowboy photos (by the way, Spanish cowboy photos are called "American photos"). However, samples are smaller in some stores and may not be available. Compared to a doll, a doll looks like this:




Like wallpaper, it can vary from region to region or brand. In some places you can get it for free, in others you have to buy it.


Wrapping paper or wrapping paper


This is probably something you use. But it is very difficult to find a notebook around me, and in some stores it is so expensive that I buy gold. I'm not sure about other areas, but supermarkets in Europe like Aldi or Lidl sometimes bring paper albums of books at a low price so you can get new origins. I don't have notebook paper, so I printed out the brick wall you saw here a while ago.
Poison Ivy brick wall

Packaging paper can be more difficult because most of them have a glossy coating and can be difficult to work with. Also, in my case, this is the only gift package I don't have for Christmas:


star wars wapping paper


To be honest, it doesn't sound so bad, but the topic may not be multifaceted:


Crazy For Coral star wars photography background

Everything around you at home


It can be anything with a beautiful texture or color. School folders, storage baskets, pillowcases grease The only limitation is your imagination. For example, in this way I used an old school clutch.


Lea Monster Crafts Photography Backgrounds

Here's a little sparkle, but I'm not crazy about it.

These are just some of the ideas you can use as wallpaper for your dolls, but of course you can use many other things: TV, fabric, etc. This, in turn, would mean spending money on these processes. As I've said many times, I'm not a photographer, to be honest, I don't know what I'm doing (LOL). However, I try to improve myself and get advice from others.


I hope you like and enjoy this post. It took a long time to correct these pictures, to change them ... and all the problems I mentioned above. I would like to spend more time writing another article before I go to university, but considering how long this article took, I don't think so. Anyway, leave your comments in the comments below and if you like it, follow me on my Facebook page, where I am most active in my "blog styles".

Become Beware.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url