The great outdoors

It's no secret that I'm not the best photographer. If you stay a while you might notice that I only take photos at home and always use the same background. This year I tweaked the background a bit to make my photos more interesting, but I still keep it at home. I tried to give my backyard pool photos a street vibe, but it was very limited. My little yard is also not the best place for street photography because it doesn't have interesting plants or architectural materials, so I really like people who have a nice garden because they can easily take a picture outside.


Outdoor doll photography. L.A. Girl


So if you don't have a good private space to take pictures besides me, you should go to a public place. I wanted not only to be in the crowd of puppets, but also to be photographed. So I had to find a quiet place where I could find interesting routes.
An ancient medieval castle, an ancient Roman villa have been built in my city. The remains of the villa wall, as well as several old towers of the castle, are still preserved. Trees grow among the archaeological sites, giving the impression of a small park. It is interesting for tourists to watch this, so there are always many visitors during the summer and Easter holidays. So we had to wait until the end of the summer. Luckily Mister Monster had a week off after most of the tourists left, so on Monday morning we packed up some toys and headed out.


Barbie Fashionista Outdoor Photography

At first I was a little nervous because I was out of my comfort zone. Fortunately, I was able to relax a bit and Mr. Monster helped me manage my stress level. When I focused on taking photos of the doll, I felt uncomfortable leaving my bag and the rest of the doll on a random rock. This is the first photo I took.


Asha Made To Move Outdoor Photography

It was a gloomy day as it rained all weekend, but there was still plenty of sunshine.


Doll outdoor photography

We searched for interesting places and took photos for no more than 45 minutes or more. At that point, I stopped taking pictures, as the audience was walking. People find it strange that an adult collects toys. Some will be humble enough to focus on their business and say nothing, and some will have to make negative comments. I didn't want to be exposed to unwanted attention or hateful behavior, so we decided to go it alone. I know I should be indifferent to what other people have to say, but I still don't have the energy to do so.


Barbie Outdoor photography park

One day while I was watching, Mr. Monster picked up a doll and started taking pictures with her. He took one of the best shots of the whole session. Maybe he should start his own toy blog.


Barbie outdoor photos

This article is not intended to introduce you to photographic material. I just wanted to share not only photos but also my experience and feelings. Maybe this article will encourage someone like me to step out of their comfort zone. What helped me was feeling comfortable with someone I trusted and sharing my passions (Mr. Monster) and a quiet place.



In general, I am very satisfied with this photo shoot. For the first time, I didn't know how to pack or how much to carry. I need to do more with some photos. Sooner or later I want to take another photo outside and bring some toys. Let's see if I have time after the January final.



Hope you enjoyed this article. Let me know what you think of the photos and also share your outdoor photography tips and tricks.

be careful.

Monster craft.


PS: Although I haven't been very active on Instagram for the past few months, I want to do more. Thank you for following me there, as well as liking and commenting on some of my photos.

PSS: Our renovations are nearly complete and we plan to move in after the winter.




You can follow me

FacebookTwitterInstagramTumblr _ _ _
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url