Quick craft: doll size framed artwork

Hi friends. How are you going through this strange time?

I’m still pretty busy at college, but over the last few weeks I’ve been able to get a little more organized and find some time to come here and update the blog. I use what is known as the Pomodoro technique, where you focus on a task for 40 minutes and then take a 10-minute break. It has worked so far and I think I have become more productive in my college years. The extra leisure time I get with this technique I use for housework or pop photography, but today is the time to focus on blogging.


As some of you know, I'm working on "lots" of wallpaper and furniture this summer. I was very happy with what I was doing, but the walls looked pretty empty and empty. So in September I started working on some framed artwork to add more detail to the pieces. I did everything and took photos of the process in September, but I didn't have time to write an article. So I think today is the day. Let's get started.

For this craft you will need:

  • Printed images or newspaper clippings.
  • Boxes of cereals or biscuits
  • Coffee mixer, thinly sliced ​​or popcorn sticks.
  • Craft paint (optional).
  • The pinch
  • A stick and a white glue stick.

I started by printing the artwork I wanted. I created models using canvas , an online design tool. Then I put the pictures in a Word document and printed them. Of course, you can use existing images that you can find online. Since I don't have a color printer, I've used images that only work in black.


Draw a square around the figure. Just make sure you leave enough space to hold a small stick, but don't cut it too close to the next figure.

Cut and paste in a cereal box. I didn't have any photos of this step, so I went ahead and created another one just to take the missing picture.


Once we cut our pieces, it’s time to create the frame. I used 3 stirrer for each frame artwork. If you use a popcorn stick, you may want to leave a small border around the paper.


Since I don’t have the best temple, I thought it would be a good idea to initially draw the pieces. I drew 3 pieces for the larger frame and I think 2 for the smaller frame. I'm trying to find colors that work with my already existing backgrounds. If you like the natural color of the wood, you can leave it as it is or darken it.


The agitators I use come from a 1000 bag that I got at a very reasonable price on Amazon. I thought they were tall but worked for this craft.


Cut into pieces in the shape of a frame and glue. I used white glue for this.



Once the glue is dry, touch the edges with a small brush.

Here we end.


Although I made them in September, I still haven't used them on stage. So a few weeks ago I tried it for the first time. I put coral and gold on my sky-colored walls with poster top paint. I put the small coral frame on the shelf to add a touch of color.


These photos I got in mid-November were taken with a new phone and I still don't have much control over the camera. It confuses the background a lot and I'm trying to figure out how to control it. Sometimes a vague background can help hide background errors, but sometimes I need more definition. However, the photos are meant to be dolls and these props are just to add more detail to the background.


I haven't taken many pictures with frames but I'm sure you'll see them in future posts and photos. But the few pictures that I have, I think you have an idea. I will do more in different colors because every time I do something I want to do something in every color of the rainbow.


I hope you enjoyed this article though you were in a bit of a hurry. I don't think I'll be very active here until the middle / end of January, but I've taken some Christmas photos and want to share them here. I will try to follow your blogs as much as possible, but lately I haven't had much time to read them.

I hope you are well and see you in my next post.

Monster boat


You can also enjoy:

How to do: Pop size bookshelf / shelf


Make me fruit:

InstagramFacebookTwitter __ _

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url