Photo compilation: September-October 2020

Hello again! I will be back with another series of photos. I didn't post anything in October because I felt like I was missing out on new photos because most of what I posted on Instagram were photos from the blog. So I decided to wait until November.

Remember when you walked into the pool house ? Well, I took a lot of pictures some of which I haven't posted yet. I also had other people with dolls lying poolside wearing swimwear, so I decided to release them in early September when they were still weather friendly.

Made To Move LA Girl and Kim pool

LA Girl made to move outdoor photography grass


I also had more pictures of some of the dolls in the garden. In these pictures you can see Cassandra, a doll that I don't often mention on my blog and don't pay much attention to, so I decided to give her an accent.

Barbie Fashionista Tribal Romper flower wall


Barbie fashionista outdoor photography

I wanted to take a picture of the dolls lying on the floor since I've seen this before and I think it's very cute. Natural grass looks a little disproportionate, but I'm generally happy with it.

The framing of the doll wasn't entirely successful, but since it's customizable on Instagram, I didn't pay much attention to it.



I also have some random pictures I took for posts and never included them, or they were just there but didn't fit the post. The first is my leafy BMR1959 against a backdrop of orchids that I saw in my last post.

BMR 1959 Pazette redressed

These 3 photos were taken for a post in my bookstore , but not framed. It's not that I didn't like them, I just didn't consider them necessary, and the post turned out to be too long anyway.




One of the things I've tried is using my indoor plants to create an outdoor ambiance. I don't have a big garden or patio, but I do have a balcony with great lighting. So one day I pulled out one of the dolls and took some quick shots. It doesn't have the depth of shots you can get in a real garden or outdoors, but it's much faster and requires less setup.

Barbie Fashionistas Vitiligo outside

I used portrait mode on my phone to hide the fact that you're looking at parsley and basil. I really liked the result, so I got a few with the other dolls.



When I took these pictures, I thought I could take some pictures with some of my Monster High dolls. I chose some natural dolls for girls because I thought they fit the theme better. I started with Venus McFlytrap, a doll that I draw quite a bit because her eyes on camera tend to go a little crazy and I struggle to photograph her. I did a few poses in different poses but decided to stop there.

Music Festivals Venus McFlytrap outside


My favorite from this set of photos is Jane Bulletil.

Monster High Jane Boolittle outside

The former Dawn Dancer is a cute doll, but it's hard to picture. This was the photo I liked the most, even though her hair looked a little bare.

Monster High Monster Exchange Isi Dawndancer

I know some of you find it helpful to post behind-the-scenes photos. Here's how I put them all together for a picture. The tallest plant was placed behind the foam platform, in an attempt to create a sense of scale. For the background, I used a privacy enclosure on the porch to give the picture some structure. The picture isn't great because my phone's camera has been working weird lately, but I think you get the point. The poor plant died because it smelled so strong for several days. I'm trying to figure it out again, but for the pictures it was very helpful.


And that's just about it. I have no idea what to write next because I feel like I don't have much time. Since next month is December, I'd like to do something about Christmas, even if it's just a short photo session. I don't have as much free time as I expected, but I try to better organize my time to take pictures and work on some DIY projects. Anyway, this semester will be over in a couple of months, after which I will be able to work in all the professions I want.

So what did you do? Have you tried your photos? Any news on the dolls?

Monster mastery



Other posts from the "Gallery" section:

Photo selection: August 2020

Photo selection: September - October 2021

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url