It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I wish you only a pleasant holiday. I know that due to the ongoing pandemic, not everyone will feel very happy this year or celebrate with their loved ones. This is quite understandable. Others try to see the positive in the general negative. For example, don't look at that annoying relative you hate, or go to a boring New Year's Eve party with co-workers. I belong to the second group. Although I loved the aesthetics of the whole season and the touch of that holiday movie, some moments were scary.

Despite the situation in the real world, doll holidays are celebrated without a pandemic, because my doll has no place in the world. Last year I drew the theme of the holiday for the first time, you can see it here . I don't have to work with a lot of props, so I did my best. I think there is progress this year, although it could have been better.


When I started, I didn't have a clear vision or concept for photography, so I went with the flow. I knew I wanted realism in some of my photos, so I chose beige walls. I was lucky enough to find really interesting props that fit my doll and device, such as the mini lighting and decorations you see above. I also found a pot of my favorite Christmas plants. This picture with Lea is the first in the "beige" series.


I add furniture and other accessories to my photos to make them look real. I put a shelf from the box behind the doll, a Lidl battery-powered lamp, and a very small amount of jewelry in my hand.


I like these lights to be snowflakes, they are more like a wreath.

I am very pleased with most of my photos, but some may be better. Anyway, I went with him.

I also wanted to use my Christmas decorations as props, so in this photo Chloe poses with my Christmas wreath.


I also want to take a picture using a blue background. My house is painted in different shades of blue, and most of my Christmas decorations are colors that go well with blue or navy blue. I took my son's blue wall and prepared the stage. I used a small Christmas tree and a small decoration I found in a home store . I also wrapped my Lidl lights around the tree to make it look fuller. In this photo, Lea decorates a Christmas tree.


I made two gifts out of cardboard boxes and painted them on computer paper. It sounds rougher than the others, but I agree. Not all gifts, especially if they are made of fabric, can be collected tightly. The second prize is on the shelf, but because it is all white, it is almost invisible.


For this picture, I sat on a wooden box with a doll and placed it next to the camera. This is definitely my favorite picture from the set.


Let's take a moment in the photo gallery to see how I made this gift. Because I don't have a return card for doll-sized prints. I did it myself. I started by drawing diagonal lines 1 cm apart on a white sheet of paper. I used a marker, but if you have good temples, you can use acrylic paint and a brush.



So I cut enough pieces to cover both sides of the cardboard strips, put the tiles on top of each other, and glued them together. I improvise a lot with this art, but if you are interested, I can make a more detailed textbook when I finish school.



In this photo, Kim is very happy with the gift she received. These photos make me think about how much I need a new floor design.


I took a few more pictures because I like to post my photos in 3 sets on Instagram. In fact, I have no texture for them, I use wood only as a background:



Usually people end up with the best, but I will end up with the worst pictures. Earlier this year, I started building a crimson wall with the intention of using it as a Christmas diorama. Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first. But when I picked up my tree, I wanted to try it to see what it looked like. The pictures look great on the phone, but I was a little surprised to see them on the computer. I posted again.




These are Christmas photos I've taken so far. Maybe next week I will find time to do more, which I will share in my next photo collection. I do not remember exactly when this semester will end, but I think it is close to January 19. I almost finished one lesson, and in the other two I still have 3 projects, but I almost see my goal.

Merry Christmas / Merry Hanukkah / Tell me what you celebrate. Calm down and see you in my next post.


monster craftsmanship 



Related article:

Day at the pool

happy holiday 2019

How to: Mix and match wallpaper, part 2

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url