Photo compilation: November-December 2020 (plus 2020 recap)

happy New Year! I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday and a great start to the year. I do not want to get excited too soon because 2020 started off very well and in March things started going downhill. Well, I'll wait a few months to start thinking this is going to be my year.

For my first post in 2021 I would like to do a photo review and a full review for 2020. I hope I stick to the plan and this post is not going anywhere. Let's start.

As you already know, I moved home in mid-February. We have been wanting to move home for a long time and it has finally happened. The new house has several advantages and disadvantages compared to the old house, and one of its advantages is natural lighting, which is much better for doll shooting and in general. Recently, I took some pictures of dolls on one of my balconies and used my plants as support. It's a simple way to get an outside feeling when you can / do not want to get out. It was captured in mid-November.


kidney
the flower

Fun fact: In the old house we had a small balcony, but I did not get one except when Itook down the pool . Honestly, it is not in good condition and we do not plan to fix it because we know we are going to leave.

Blake

Skylar

Girls Jill Neshil

I also wanted to experiment to get things in black and white. I got it with the black and white mode on my phone, instead of changing it to color and then adjusting it. This way you can see what it looks like in real time.

o black and white

grass

about winning

One thing I need to do in 2020 is my photography background. In 2019, I started exploring ideas to use as photo backgrounds to make my photos more attractive. In September 2019, I came up with the idea of ​​using cardboard to make my own scene, but I was in school and did not have the time. After that I was moving home and on top of that the whole pandemic was over and I could not endure any craft equipment. So I can not start this project until July 2020. You can watch the first post in the series here .

Victoria and Asha in True Blue

This shade is a true blue shade, from Americana Acrylic . I love this shade, it looks very shiny and fits most of my wrists. By the way, these photos were taken for an Instagram event called # monday4dolls. The theme of the week was jackets and coats.



For these photos I used the same background but added a light blue basin mat. I've used it a few times already, like here . I'm not crazy, I just wanted to try something different.



These photos were taken with my old phone so I wonder if it will have a better effect with my new phone having a better camera.


I started all my background projects with the goal of creating a bold, shaded background, but at some point I started moving on to colors and ideas that might seem more realistic. Now, most of the ideas I have are for backgrounds and walls that look realistic, like the ones I used for my Christmas pictures. I got it after I posted my last post. I keep the same background, just invite more dolls.

Skylar


Kim and Rosé feel festive

Blake


Overall, I am very happy with the money I have made. I had an idea for 3 posts in the Mix'n'Match series and managed to write two, which is not a bad thing. I look forward to doing Part 3 in 2021, as well as any other background ideas running through my head.

Courtney





Another thing I want to do in 2020 is outdoor photography, well, I only got a chance to do that in June. As some of you know, I do not feel very confident when it comes to taking pictures of my doll in public. However, my sister-in-law spends the summer in a large house with a garden and pool, which allows me to take some photos outside with a bit of privacy. What a privilege to be able to take so many photos that I still have a few that I still need to post. One of them is a photo of my wrist with vitiligo.





In early October, I was tempted to take some photos of the dolls outside and decided to go to the same place we visited in 2019 . So we decided to go one afternoon when Mr Monster left work early. Unfortunately they changed their hours a few days ago and we arrived less than an hour before closing. It really adds to the stress of taking photos in public, even though I made the excuse "this is a college marketing project". My old phone also started acting stupid and not focused on the doll's face. These two photos are the only photos I am happy with.




On Instagram I asked for photo ideas and Barb suggested I take some fall outdoor photos in my area as it might look very different from fall styles in other parts of the world. Where I live, I do not have many outside areas where I can easily walk, except the areas you see above. We do not have large parks or lakes, but we do have beaches. When I got a new phone, I took some "landscape" photos, mostly from the beach. So, I decided to share a few to complete this post.



Overall, I am very happy with what I have achieved in 2020. I know that 2020 was generally a bad year and that many people were affected by the pandemic. Apart from this, however, it was not too bad for me. I came home, which I had wanted to do for a long time, and graduated from college after 8 years of hard work. I also worked on my mental health and am now in a better place. In other words, if I could remove the word "pandemic" from the equation, I would say it was a good year.



As for blogging, it's been a good year. Overall, I'm very happy with the content I created in 2020 and the response. I was able to complete a few projects on my to-do list, as well as a few that I decided to take along the way. Over the years I have managed 1 or 2 of these projects and the rest were forgotten. I am also very happy to get new readers at a time when blogs are no longer popular.

For 2021, I have planned several projects. I would like to make more doll furniture so expect some lessons soon. Of course, I will continue to build walls and trucks, even the ones I started and do not know when. I want to make at least two new floor designs, one with a marble effect and one that I have not yet decided on, but definitely the cement effect. I also like working on hardwood floors, but I do not think I will be able to work on many projects, so we will leave it in 2022. I would also like to start sewing. I know, I know, I've been saying this for the past five years, but one of the pieces of furniture I wanted to make was a daybed, so I thought I should make at least some pillows. I hope 2021 will be the year the stars meet and I can finally start sewing.



Hope you are doing well and have a wonderful Christmas. I also have a few weeks in college and then I will be on vacation until I get a job, which will be difficult given the circumstances. Not sure when my next post will be or what it's about. On January 5, we celebrate the Night of the Three Scholars and this is where we receive most of our gifts. I ordered some craft supplies and I hope you heard from me. Depending on what I get, my next one will be "what I got for Christmas" or a tutorial on crafts.

I wish you all a prosperous 2021.

monster vessel



To stay in touch:




Related posts:



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url