It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I went to congratulate everyone on the holidays. I know not everyone with this outbreak will feel too much celebration this year or be able to celebrate with their loved ones. This is quite understandable. Others try to appear positive in generally negative situations. For example, you can't go without seeing that boring relative or going to a boring Christmas party with co-workers. I come from the second group. While I don't like the overall aesthetic of this season and these lousy holiday movies, some of them feel awful.

Regardless of the real world situation, my dolls are celebrating a holiday without epidemics because there is no place for them in my doll world. Last year I took the first Christmas-themed photos, which you can see here . I didn't have many props to work with, so I did my best. I feel better this year, but I still think it can be better.


When I started, I didn't have a clear vision or idea of ​​the photos, so I just drifted in the flow. I know I want reality in some of my photos, so I go over my base wall. I was lucky enough to find some really cool accessories that went well with my doll and my setup, like mini lights and decorations, which you can see above. I also received a Christmas potted plant which I think is pretty. This is Leo's first film in the "Beige" series.


I added furniture and other props to my photos to make them look realistic. I put a shelf behind the doll, flashlights that I bought at Lidl and decorative items that I own.


I love this idea of ​​snow in the light, it's like a crown.

I'm very happy with most of my photos, but some could be better. Anyway, I went with him.

I wanted to use my own Christmas decorations as a prop, so in this photo Chloe is posing with my Christmas wreath.


I want to take pictures against a blue background. My own house is painted a different shade of blue, and most of my Christmas decorations are blue or a few colors that go well with blue. So I took my baby blue wall and created the scene. I used a small Christmas tree and small decorations found at the Casa store . I also wrapped a Lidl flashlight around the tree to make it look fuller. In this photo, Leo is decorating the Christmas tree.


I made two gifts from a cardboard box and computer paper on which I drew the pattern. Looks more like a bag than anything else, but that's fine with me. Not all gifts can be wrapped very tightly, especially if they are made of fabric. The second prize is on the shelf, but since it's all white, you barely notice it.


For this photo, I placed my doll in a wooden jewelry box next to her and placed her next to the camera. This has got to be my favorite image of the set.


Let's close the photo gallery for a moment and give a little idea of ​​how I made this gift. Because I don't have gift paper with a print that can be shaped like a doll. I did mine. I started drawing diagonal lines on white paper at a distance of 1 cm from each other. I used a marker for the paint, but if you have good temples you can use acrylic paint and a brush.



I then cut a piece large enough to cover both sides of the strip of cardboard, bent the tabs and glued them in place. I've come a long way in this craft, but if you're interested, I can do a more detailed tutorial after I graduate.



Kim is so happy in this photo because she received a present. These photos make me wonder how badly I need a new floor design.


I took a few more pictures because I like to post my photos on Instagram in 3 sets. I don't have a story for this, I just use a tree as a background:



Usually people end up with the best, but I'm going to end up with my worst picture. Earlier this year I started building a crimson wall in hopes it could be used as a Christmas diorama. However, the paint I used was very uneven and I didn't get the desired result. However, when I bought my tree, I wanted to see what it looked like. The photos on the phone look good, but when I saw them on the computer I was a bit disappointed. However, I reveal it anyway.




Here are 6 Christmas photos I've taken so far. Maybe next week I'll have time to do more, which I'll share in my next election photo. I can't remember exactly when this semester will end, but I think it's January 19th. I'm almost done with one class, and I have 3 more projects in the other two, but I can almost see the last line.

I wish you a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Whatever you are celebrating. Stay safe and I'll see you in my next post.


crafting monsters 



Related Items:

Every day at the pool

Happy Holidays 2019

How To: Mix and Match Background Part 2

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url