Photo compilation: November-December 2021 (plus 2021 recap)

Hello again and Happy New Year! How does 2022 feel about you? It's crazy how 2021 came and went in the blink of an eye. As always, I didn't do everything I wanted to do in 2021, but more on that later. In this first post of 2022, we will summarize my latest photos of 2021 and take a quick look at my year.

The last semester of 2021 did not really inspire doll photography. In some places I was inspired by some touches, but mostly I shot for fun. You've already seen most of the photos I've posted here on Instagram , but sometimes I have a few more that don't make it into the final post or that I take simply because "it's all set". This first photo of Victoria is an example of the latter case. This is also my favorite from this set.


For the background, I used Light Mocha from Americana Acrylics . It is the same in all three photos, but looks different on camera due to the flash.


It was one of the pictures I took for the exhibition, but I ended up losing it.


It took me a while to start photographing my vacation. I wasn't very inspired and my ring light broke. Luckily, I took these black and white photos ahead of time using my Christmas decorations as a prop. It's been a long time since I last took black and white photos, so I had to experiment with different settings until I was happy with the result.



It's just one of those cones of light that glows. I think I bought it at Leroy Merlin (gardening and household goods store) a few years ago.


I took a break from Instagram a few days after posting all my vacation photos. It wasn't on purpose, I just didn't think about preparing content for release after Christmas and was too busy to take pictures at the time. But just before the new year, I took a few mornings to take pictures.

Do you remember the post I made inspired by Barbie style ? Looking through my blog posts, I realized that I had little practice and experimentation with flashes. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to try again. In this photo, Asha has just woken up and is ready to start her day.


I wasn't as happy with the results as I was when I wrote this post, but I still got a few photos that I liked even if the shadows weren't very visible. In this photo below, I've used a miniature natural wood I found at Lidl.


In one of my recent posts, I told Linda that I have a tablecloth/napkin that I sometimes use as a photo mat. It made me realize that it's been a long time since I last used it, so I decided to use it for this last shot.


I know I said I didn't do everything I planned to do in 2021, but looking back, I actually did a lot. I posted 26 posts in 2021, averaging one post every two weeks. 10 of these objects were craft projects, including friezes and other background elements. It may not sound like much, but writing articles takes up most of my time and I still find it hard to believe that I have the time to create so much and share it with the blogosphere. This was what I wanted to do when I started, but I didn't find the time and I'm lucky that I can post one DIY project a year.

While I wasn't able to complete all of the planned projects, I did larger projects like a wood floor or pergola that took a long time to prepare. One of the things I'm probably most proud of is making my first doll clothes . Yes, I know it sounds complicated, but I'm glad that I started to learn what I wanted to learn for so long.


I started 2021 quite actively, posting content from left to right both here and on my food blog . But by the end of the year, I began to choke and overdue some projects. You also heard me say that I was not very inspired to photograph dolls. I may be tired of the pandemic, but I also think Instagram has something to do with my lack of motivation to photograph dolls. The way Instagram works forces you to be constantly active on the platform and post content regularly. This came to my mind and I started taking photos just to post content, instead of giving myself time to think about what I want to do and only taking photos because I want to, not because I have to. Also, it looks like they are now promoting videos instead of photos and I'm not going to bite the bullet. I don't really like making videos, but if I spend time creating them, it's only for YouTube , where they can at least be monetized. So yes, there will be less of me on Instagram in 2022, but hopefully this will lead to more motivation and better content.

I have several projects planned for 2022, some of which I won't be able to do in 2021. My dolls are in desperate need of a couch or seat of some kind, so I hope to get it done in the first half of the year. year. I would like to continue the Mix'n'Match wallpaper series and create elements that can add volume (like a fireplace). I would also like to experiment with new materials to see what works best for me. There are some projects that I would like to try again and do "part 2", such as adrawer console or a miniature illustration. And of course I want to keep sewing and be able to do a few things by the end of the year.

Thanks to everyone who supported my blog in 2021, whether you are a regular reader or a casual visitor. I really appreciate the interaction in the comments section and reading your comments. I'm especially excited to see you do something inspirational on my little blog. It's very nice to see that I inspired someone, even if it's just a small thing.

I hope you had a great Christmas with your loved ones and I wish you all a Happy New Year 2022. January 5th is the night of the 12th and we're getting presents so depending on what you get I might do "What I got for". Christmas" post below.

monstrous craft .


Related posts:

Photo Collection: November - December 2020 (plus 2020 totals)

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url