Making more backgrounds for doll photography


How are we all! How is winter?

I finished high school a few days ago and I think it went well for me, even though I didn’t get any results in early July. I now have a few months off to start the next semester. I think I deserve a break, I work full time and have been studying at night for over 6 years. Next year is the last year of college and I hope to focus on the “right” thing.

I had a lot of ideas for blogging in the winter, especially a photo of dolls. I plan to expand my Instagram account this summer and plan to work on my photography skills as well. I hope I have time to do what I plan to do.


Howleen Wolf Doll photography backgrounds for Instagram


Since I’m working on new backgrounds in doll photography, today’s post is also about photography. A few months ago I wrote an article with background ideas for your doll photos (see here ). It's as little as "Part 2" for this post. Stifish fashion doll twitter gave me great ideas for the background, but I’ll post them in a future post because I don’t want them to be too long. I also want to focus on the most common things anyone can do here, as well as the ability to use things in your home. Let's start with that.

You know, I always use a big piece of cardboard for my drawings. I have bright, bright colors. But one thing I’ve never done is create a two-tone background by stacking them on top of each other. It’s so easy, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before. It is an act of infidelity.


Amanita Nightshade Monster Crafts Doll photography backgrounds

And here's how I prepared it:

How to make backgrounds for doll photography


With my lamp, I usually cover the table lamp with tissue paper because I don’t have a softbox. Inexpensive, but because I learned this technique, my flash looks good.



Lights for doll photography


You can always create a background by changing the design of the doll, the design of the box, or the color.



I love Fashion Iris Clops


The only problem I have with the card is that the color options are very limited. I searched for colors and hardcover prints that I couldn't find. I live in a small town and sometimes I find Odyssey interesting or varied. So I decided to paint myself with a set of boxes and a handmade painting. Yes, the size is very small, but I can't imagine drawing a big map. Maybe I can use spray paint, but I know a lot of people don’t like to paint with spray paint, and I want to adapt to a new person. You don't need much advice here, just draw the difference between the unpublished box.



Painting doll photo backgrounds


I was looking for a peach / coral color in the background, I used this American "Coral Blush" color. For some reason it may not be as bright as it looks on the camera, but it is in color. This is Courtney, called "Crazy for Coral."



Crazy for coral Coral blush background


I also wanted more light, so I kept the Billeferryn Lefranc-acrylic shade. I know LeFranc should be a very good brand, but it wasn’t as smooth as the US and the brand and it still looks the same after 2 coats. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I’ve been through it for a while. Even when it dries, it does not look as active as expected.



Painting a purple background

If the width of the account area is an issue, you can always move it to a horizontal position.



How to set up backgrounds


There is still courage here, but Casta Fears is different in this color.



Casta Fierce Singing purple background


Here are two colors that I found useful.



Americana Coral Blush Le Franc Bilberry


I got these two colors from the Spanish manufacturer Titan, which I didn't know about you.



Titan Acualux Satin Fucsia verde Pistacho


This product called Aculux is great, especially for its matte formula. These are glossy, though, and I wanted my backgrounds to be blurry, so I mixed them with matte green to rot. It was very difficult to point out the mistake and it seemed a bit strange to me. However, you can only see the camera screen.



Orange Hair Howleen Neon Green Wall

When I chose these two colors, I had Hawley Wolff in mind. It’s one of my favorite Monster High dolls and I really enjoy taking pictures. Their bright colors make them very attractive and fun. I think it looks great in this photo and now you can see the noticeable glossy finish.



Orange Hair Howleen Hot pink background

I wanted to try out the metal finish because I wanted to see it with a camera and see how the light reflected. I chose this Amsterdam copper painting. Again, the paint was very thick and didn’t spread well, but I found it at home for a while. I don't think there is a plaster here, because it looks like brushed metal.



Amsterdam metallic copper


It looks great with the camera as it adds texture to the background. What do you think?



Casta Fierce Monster High The Monster Crafts


At first I wanted to paint solid color backgrounds, but sometimes I thought it would be fun to make backgrounds like tape paint. It takes a few extra steps, but it's very easy. Start with a solid color background. I prefer my work to black.



How to paint a background


Then select some colors, soak them in water to make them more watery and start spreading them on your page. I recommend using contrasting colors as they show more. Sorry for the horrible photo, I raised my head with one hand. Now I realize I can use my tripod.



How to do splatter paint effect


Here is the result. You can also make it on cardboard (I thought after drawing my box set). I think he looks good in front of the camera.



Iris Clops splattered paint background for Instagram

I think that's enough for a message. I have more previous ideas and plan to post some helpful tips on them. Tell me your favorite background and let me know your suggestions for future posts in the comments section. I’m also thinking of posting a photo of the dolls, such as a color story or intended use, such as wood or nature. If you have Instagram or Facebook , you can follow me there too.
Recently on the blog.

MC


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url