How to: doll-size wooden pergola

Greetings again! Most of the time without watching him. I knew I would not be able to work on the blog for a few weeks, but I did not expect to be absent for a month. Frankly, it's a combination of lack of motivation to run a business. The fact that I ventilated my room at 40 degrees with my bare hands did not really help. But despite the heat, I worked on this project here and there and finally finished it.


During this project I had some setbacks, some mistakes along the way, which made this project take longer than expected. The good thing about mistakes is that they serve as a learning experience for both me and those who read them. There is no point in pretending that everything I do is perfect. After creating my design, I also watched the My Froggy Stuff video, which ultimately did not force me to change my design much.

Before delving into this craft, I must warn you that it is not easy և requires quite a saw. However, I will try to suggest a few alternatives that can make it easier for everyone. I used this.

  • The wooden blocks are square, 1 cm thick (25/64 or 0.39 inches).
  • 1 cm thick wooden boards, I think they are used a lot as a casting or filler.
  • Saw.
  • Eskimo sticks.
  • Glue. I used white glue և hot glue.
  • ice cream sticks
  • Color or stain for product.

Note: All my craft projects are done from an adult perspective. Children should not do this without adult supervision.

As you read mypost about the panel box , I mentioned that I'm looking for square toads in the top, but I can not find them. But one day I saw a long wooden stick in a hardware store that was thick enough for DIY to get it. It is 2.4 ft (7.87 ft) long, so I realized I could get a lot. I originally bought it to use as a sofa, but got this idea եցի decided to prioritize. Finding an alternative, as always, I found square wooden toads. To make my life easier, I decided to use rod sticks for this product.

pin (left) ող rod (right)

The pins are about 30 cm long, which I think will be the perfect size. I always start by planning the design, drawing it first, then revealing the details. Here is what the "ceiling" will be like. It will be 30 x 31 cm with a distance of 5 cm (1.97 inches) from the rods.


Since the dowels are a little thinner than the stem, I decided to use them for the interior of the pergola and the metal for decoration.

I start measuring և cutting two pieces the same size as the staples. Sawing was a bit difficult because of the size of the rod, I needed Mr. Monster's help. Alternatively, you can do all this with wooden blocks և adjust the distance between the beams to suit your needs.


Then I had to redesign my layout to make sure the other two exteriors were the right size. Due to the wrong size of the beams այն it has become 31 cm, do not rush to make sure that the size is perfect, then cut two pieces.

If your layers are not very clean, you can sand the spots with sand.

I glued the pieces with white glue and left them to dry.


Now it's time to glue the last piece, և from here the problems started. There was a small difference in size from one package to another. Not only sound education but his alertness and dedication too are most required. Then I realized why the frog had stuck its rays on it.

After the first unsuccessful attempt, I had to grind the larger ones and glue them hot. Hot glue can reach a certain size when it dries, so it fills the space. My problem with this is that it dries pretty quickly, so I really had to hurry. Here is the finish line.


Now it's time to cut the pillars. Using my wrist as a guide, I decided that the best size would be 35 cm (13.78 inches). It will not shake too much on the doll's head, so it will still be visible in the photo. Cut into 4 pieces.


If you decide to go it cheap and risk the low bandwidth you are only fooling yourself.

To relieve my headache, I glued the columns together.


For more information, I cut the caps to hold the column. Frankly, I do not think this gives real support to the team, but rather creates an optical illusion of strength. I measured 5 cm, then drew two lines at a 45 º angle, pointing outwards.


Cut something. Depending on what you want to do, you will need 4 or 8.


Stick the shovels in place.


So far we have. It has some drawbacks, but we hope we can hide them.


Now comes my favorite part - painting. In this case, I use water-based walnut paint. It is designed to protect the outer wood from damage, but I do not like the effect of the varnish. I used to sell some when I was working in a hardware store և they were known for their high quality.


You can always paint the wood with acrylic paint ացնել dilute it with water, saving your money. In my case, I got it because I plan to make a wooden floor out of stick sticks so I can use it for that.


The photo took longer than expected, but it was worth it.


Now is the time to try this with dolls. It took me a while to find a solution that worked for me. I brought backyard chairs in 2013 to add bright colors to the muted background. Here is the first photo I took, I liked it.


I wanted to add plants և flowers wrapped around the pergola to hide imperfections to give a light overall color to the overall dark background. I would like to find something with little owners that can wrap around the rods that mimic a reptile. I have not found it yet, but I have found these paper և rope flowers և so far it must be fair. I got it from TEDi, a German gift shop, where you can find a wide range of items, from candlesticks to handicrafts, often at very affordable prices.



I started by wrapping the wire around the bikes, then adding a few colors here and there.


I painted with Chloe to see if it worked. It looks good, but I think it can use more flowers and plants.


Overall, I am very pleased with the results. I like the color of the stain I chose և it looks beautiful in the photos. However, if he had to start all over again, he would probably do a few other things.

Pergola size is appropriate if you have a permanent diorama or want to create a "permanent" view, but if it is just a photo booth or you have limited storage space, consider a smaller option. I actually mean a different design, but with smaller, glued rods.


That's for me today. I did not work on any other craft or project because I was so trapped in this pergola that I could not focus on anything else. My next post will be a collection of photos that will give me time to work on another craft project. I have tea bags that I can turn into shelves for my magazines և I might start working on a hardwood floor. Let's see what I want to do.

I hope you are well. I've not tracked down my reading list, so as soon as I click submit, I'll check out some of your blogs to see what you're doing.

Adoption.

Tinker Monsters


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url