Getting new bodies

Hello, my favorite doll collector.

You’ve been following this blog for a few weeks now, you probably already know that I wanted to try to transform the bodies of some of the girls who made me move, and I finally did it this morning. I was a little scared because I was inexperienced but the result was great, I couldn’t be happier.


Made To Move rebody LA Girl Donut Top

I know some of you have turned into some dolls (I'm not talking about you Phyllis * Wink *). There is a lot of information on the net about how to do this. So in this post, I’m not trying to teach you how to do that, it’s about my first renaissance experience.
First, we present the dolls featured in this publication. Here’s how women get a new body: Fashionista LA Girl Donut Top .

Barbie Fashionistas Charlie Bell Elizabeth

And here are the girls who generously give their bodies: Teresa-Bambilia ready to move.

Made To Move Lea Teresa rebody

So I read in some blogs and forums that the best way to move the doll’s head is to warm it up so that it can be easily squeezed. There seem to be some methods, but I prefer to keep the doll soaked in hot water protected by a plastic bag so that it doesn’t get wet. I started with Theresa / Bambi.

Made to move rebody Teresa Blue top

Unfortunately I had a small accident, the boat I was using and the bags had holes, I made a big mess. After a bit of anger, with the help of the monster god, I managed to clean everything up and continue rebuilding.

how to rebody a Barbie doll


It was hard to get Teresa's head off, I needed Mr. Monster's help, but in the end he cut off her head. I don’t know what you guessed, but there was a huge amount of glue in the main part of my throat.


How to remove a doll's head


The water was a little cold, I heated it in the microwave for a few seconds before starting with the top of the donut. In fact, I heated the water before I started with another doll.

Doll rebody method

I soon realized that the mistake I had with the first doll was that the water was not hot enough because the baby's head softened very quickly and came out very easily.

Fashionista Donut Top Charlie Bell rebody

And now, let's move on to the new body. Taraan

Made to move rebody Donut top Carly Bell

Now it’s time for Lear to fall into the water.


Overall, I’ve found that Made to Move heads are harder to move than fashionistas. But I managed to move Liri's head.


And again, these would mean that you have to spend for these processes.


How to rebody a Barbie doll

LA Girl's head was very soft before she sank and she came out very easily.


And now it’s time to put LA Girl’s head on Made to Move Body.


Finally, I, my two fashionistas, have completely discovered myself.

Made To Move rebody LA Girl Donut Top

Now, a girl from Los Angeles can touch a piece of uncut hair.




I’m very happy with this project: the fact that something went wrong has given me the confidence to try more specific projects. I learned two things in this project.

1) Always carry a towel or paper towel with you. Even if the dolls are included in the bag, the table will be soaked.

2) Do not try to push the doll's head too close to the water bowl. I thought it was useless, but I didn't realize it, I pulled the layer off my head and hit the boat.


So what do you think? You work on personalization. What conversion methods do you use?

MC:
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url