Doll Review: DC Super Hero Girls Starfire

Hi everybody! Happy July, especially to everyone in the United States celebrating the 4th of July!
Today it's time to take a look at my newest DC Super Hero Girls doll, Starfire. Yes, I'm more or less collecting DC Super Hero Girls at the moment, although I said I wouldn't be collecting them. Starfire is my 5th Super Hero Girls DC doll and if you're interested, you can check out all of my Super Hero Girls related items here .


Starfire is an alien warrior daughter from the planet Tamaran, her real name is Coriander (which I find very cute). In DC's Super Hero Girl Show, she somehow connects a portal to her planet. His superpowers are flight, power, and light explosions called Starbolts. Even when she flew, her hair would burn and look really cute.

The DC Super Hero Girls box hasn't changed much and still has the same shape, with the logo on top and the image of the girl on the bottom right.


Talking about the artwork, I like it in general, but I'm not too crazy about Starfire.


The only difference I've noticed is that there are no side images in the box now, and that's perfectly understandable. I found the box too expensive for Mattel.


On the back of the box you can read it... in thousands of languages.


Finally, Starfire came out of the box.

DC Super Hero Girls Starfire Review

DC Super Hero Girls seem to use basically the same shape, and the only differences are skin tone and facial features. Starfire has light orange skin, green eyes, and purple makeup. She also has amazing purple eyebrows due to her orange hair. Also, her eyebrows match her hair color in artwork and other mediums, so I wonder why she dyed them purple.




He has very long straight orange hair. She's mixed some orange and maybe her canary yellow hair too. It's in pretty good shape and feels very relaxed, but could be launched more generously.


In the cartoon, the hair is fading, which is nearly impossible on the series dolls, but I think if they cut the top hair longer and mixed in more orange and yellow it would be so much better. It's very funny but could be better.


She wore a sleeveless purple dress with a metallic design on the front. To him, it was the only thing that had more to do with dolls than cartoons. The dress is decorated with a pointed silver belt with a green gem in the center.


He also carries a backpack inspired by purple armor. which has a green gem in front. In a work of art, the ornament is silver, but the shape of the artwork on the doll is actually cooler than the work of art. The disadvantage of these shoulder pads is that they limit the movement of the doll's hands.


The boots are my favorite part of the doll. These are tall purple boots with a buckle on one side, which for me are perfect as rain boots. I wanted details on it, like the silver trim that would pair with the belt and give it a more aggressive look.


In his hands, Starfire held two silver bracelets with precious details that gave him the necessary combat touch.


Starfire also comes with a green star in his left hand. At first I thought you had to open it to take her hand, but you have to gently pull it out.


I was surprised that his hand inside the star wasn't shaped like a fist like in his work, but he opened it. His fingers look a little scorched by the stars, but I think he'll be back in his place.


Overall I think Starfire is a good doll, not as detailed as Wonder Woman or Bumblebee but still beautiful. I'm well aware that Mattel is cutting the budget for Superhero Girl dolls because student tickets are no longer two-faced.

 
In a previous post, Barb expressed concern about Starfire's appearance, and I can see why. It's not that the cartoons are so detailed and those details don't make the doll definitive, the cartoon designs could also be better. The DC Super Hero Girls website says Starfire is a fashionista, but the dress doesn't look very fashionable. I thought Starfire would just be in the background at first, then transition into a bigger character, but the corporate look is pretty basic. However, looking at things for the good, they added some small touches to the final doll which I think improved the doll's overall design a bit.


I think the Starfire is a cute doll and a great one to get, especially if you're looking to replenish your collection. However, I think there are some things that could be better but still fun to shoot and play with.


What do you think about Starfire? Which characters do you think will appear in this collection?

MRS

PS This is my 20th post of the year... and my 100th post overall. I look forward to sharing 100 more messages with you! Thank you for your help!


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url