Doll Review: Barbie Fashionista Curvy "So Sporty"

Hello pop friends! How is your June coming to an end and I still do not schedule my time to work on all the toy and non-toy projects I can think of. I have a few dolls to review, plus two more on the way. Some dolls have been in their crate for months! I also like to do things like quick dioramas to take the best photos of dolls.


One doll waiting to be in the spotlight is doll # 38 So Sporty from the Barbie Fashionistas 2016 collection. She has a great body and is one of the dolls who has entered the world of fashion. Honestly, I was not particularly excited about it, but it surprised me forever. Let's start the review!

The box has more or less the same design as the "regular" fashionista chest, but wider and the doll hangs on the left and the outfit on the right. Right out of the box, Paisley looks a little cheaper than this one.



On the back of the box we see some other dolls that have come along with the fashion.


After unpacking, we can see the doll for the first time.


The athlete therefore has light skin, light blue eyes, pink lipstick. He has a new curved head that some call "Playline Karl", but I do not know if that's his official name. You can find this pattern in Chambray Chic and Spring to Style .


I first thought this doll is identical to Chambray Chic but with a different hair color. So I took a picture of them for comparison. As you can see, So Sporty has darker skin tones and bigger eyes. Also, I find that her lips are plump, but maybe just on this doll.




Sporty has straight brown / burgundy hair. In the photo, she looks much redder than she really is. It is completely extraordinary and too difficult to style a product. Hopefully I can fix it later.



It also had a black plastic lid that strangely enough did not stick to that awful plastic thing. Looks softer and smoother than a cute cat hat .


The athlete wore a blue mesh skirt and a black one underneath. I was very disappointed that there is no mesh on the back, but I like the small details on the shoulders.



He also wears blue sandals on a flat platform. Blue matches well with appearance, but I think other colors would be better.


Sporty also comes with this white wallet that looks too basic to me.





And let's try these additional outfits now! The first outfit is a striped dress with a black skirt. I thought it was a one-piece dress and was very surprised to hear it was actually a two-piece dress. Mattel, the king of one-piece clothing meant to be two-piece (see tops and cute kitty skirts ), made these outfits in two pieces.


I think Sporty looks good in this outfit. She also swapped her shoes for pink, which was also included with this set.







Speaking of shoes, an extra pair is a pair of bright pink tennis shoes. I do not like it when accessories are transparent, especially shoes.


The second dress consists of a fluorescent yellow skirt and a short white shirt with a few pink stripes on it.


I thought I preferred this outfit, but the tube skirt emphasizes the joints of her legs and the shortened top makes her body a little weird for me.




The last accessory in this pack is a translucent pink purse that looks orange in my photo. The color is the same pink as her shoes.


And if I'm curious, I tried on a yellow skirt with a striped shirt. What do you think?


Overall, I am very happy with So Sporty . I got it because it was for sale, although I prefer other dolls and I did not expect them to really like it. I really enjoyed photographing them and thought they were very beautiful.


I was not crazy about fashion when I saw the prototypes, but they look more beautiful at first glance. Definitely not the best quality, but the quality is significantly better than other fashionista costumes.

One of the reasons I write reviews is not only to appreciate the dolls I unlock more, but also to help people find information about certain dolls and possibly help them decide whether they want to buy them or not. . If you ask me which doll I will choose between this and Chambray Chic, I will definitely go for this one. He has more personality and I find him more attractive for some reason.


Now it's time to pick a name. I was thinking of calling her June, so I went with the pink haired girl in the daisy dress. However, since I only found the Crossy Eye, I do not think I will get it anytime soon, so I should definitely use June for it. Any other suggestions for the title?


I also did not upload all the So Sporty photos I took. So if you want to see more you can follow me on Instagram .

What do you think of So Sporty ? Is there one in your group?

MRS



Related news you might like:

Pop Review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Beautiful in Paisley"

Pop Review: Beautiful Barbie Fashionistas "Chamber Chic"
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url