Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Hello again pop lovers! How is your summer so far?

God, I was busy this summer. Our home transformation is finally gaining momentum. We have been meeting with contractors for a long time and choosing materials. I was at first very angry that I did not see any progress, but now I can finally see how it is progressing slowly but surely. Mr. Monster and I also both got sick a few weeks ago, so we did not have much time to play with dolls. However, I finally came up with a new blog post here.


Generation Girl Lara Nichelle Barbie Travelin House

Some time ago, Barb blogged about the dolls she had in her childhood. In this post I tell you about this game and I thought it would be nice to show you. Also, Barb, I hope you do not mind mentioning me in 4 out of 5 blog posts lately. I hope you are interested if you had one as a child or if you were just curious about the Barbie game. Let's get started!



Barbie traveling house playset 1995


This is Barbie's trip home. I did not know the name of this game, so I finally googled something like "Barbie's Suitcase House" to find the name. It was made in 1995, but I'm not sure I got it the same year or maybe 1996. It was a Christmas present from my grandparents or uncle. I do not mind opening the box, but I do remember taking it to a family dinner on the 26th. Nichel will take us through this amazing game


Barbie travelin house Nichelle Generation Girls


As you can see, the outside of the house looks like a suitcase / crate. It has several wheels underneath and this handle allows you to carry your game.



Barbie Traveling House

It has several travel theme stickers to highlight the whole travel theme.



Barbie Travelin' House plaset back view

To keep it in, it has this white snap. It also has a white pen with some details.


Barbie Travelin' home playset 1995


It looks like this when you open it. I remember I had accessories, but I do not know where they are.


Barbie Travelin house 1995 Inside


Starting from left to right, here we have a ceiling-high pink closet, the TV. Stand with white television and lights that actually work.


Barbie Traveling House living room 1995

You can lower the cupboard and your doll will have a nice bed to sleep in. Since my desk is also white, I put one of my wallpapers next to the bed to make it look better on camera.




The closet hides these windows and the cute kittens who take an afternoon nap.





The bed had a lid that went up to reveal the bath. I remember bringing a small towel that could be hung on a hanger.


Barbie Traveling house bathtube

You can also extend this small platform so that your doll can sit on it while you get ready to take a bath.



There is a TV next to the toilet / bed / shower. The TV cabinet has a small door that can be opened. On television, you can see a small scene with the Barbie minibus released in the same year. Fun fact: In Spain, minibuses are called "picnic cars".




When you turn the TV upside down, it shows a small box and mirror (not much hidden behind the TV).



There are two small buttons on the table that will unlock the phone and music box when pressed.




Next we have this pink and white square. It has white breasts on it. I remember this set had a hat and some chest-worn necklaces.




If you press the white button, the chest will open to open a jewelry box so your doll can store her jewelry inside. You also can not open the boxes one by one, they open at the same time.




Next we have the wardrobe. On top of that, there is a small bogie where you can put some stuff. On this small round hanger you can hang your clothes.


Barbie Travelin House 1995 wardrobe





You can press the small button next to it to remove the hanger and you can turn it so that your doll can reach the clothes on his back.

Then we have a pink box with a platform for shoes. The platform goes out and the box opens.







I also got this pendant in the house. I did not think it comes with this set, but in some of the photos I found, the pendant is shown. I always thought it would come with one of those 2-in-1 sets made in the early 90's. I have one with a fridge on one side and a sink on the other.




I found ads for this game, where you will see almost everything:



I love how they all sing toys! You can also check out some of the accessories I mentioned. I remember the hat was pink, but the hat they showed me was also purple. Maybe it's my memory, or maybe it's a choice.

Here , too, you can see ads for 2-in-1 furniture sets, which I mentioned earlier. I only get it in German.


Generation Girls Nichelle Barbie Travelin House

I love this game and it brings back a lot of childhood memories. I love the whole idea of ​​the trip and what a real suitcase / luggage looks like from the outside. I'm not a big fan of Super Pink games these days and would prefer more realistic colors, but I would not mind.



Ever since I started working on this post, I have been thinking about how to make my own version of this toy. Maybe with a cheap or old hard case on the outside. Too bad I do not have the patience and skill to try.

I hope you enjoyed this retro review, it was a little different for my blog. I really enjoy reviewing this toy I played with as a child. Once I got out, I was able to go back to my parental home and try to find more dolls from that era. Let me know if you're interested in any other retro reviews. Let me know if you or anyone you know has heard of this game. Does it look different? I was wondering if there is an alternative.



College starts in a month and I still do not want to write all the posts. This summer I abandoned more complex projects and will be releasing them for February or even next summer. I wish I could write a few more messages before class starts, and I always wanted to write a message or two and schedule one (but I never did). Since I'm very busy renovating the house, I do not think I have much time to write posts and schedule them. Let's see what happens.

So, what do you think of this game? What was your childhood toy?

Look at yourself

Microsoft

Instagram Facebook Twitter Tumblr






Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url