Unboxing Barbie Fashionistas and some photo experiments

Good-bye! How is everyone?

I haven't been so inspired lately to make articles for this blog or to do anything about dolls. It's not that I have no idea, but I still can't organize this or focus on a single project. I guess I'm a little upset with what I want to do and write. Also, some projects and ideas just don't live up to my expectations, which is always frustrating. Either way, I was able to find the time and focus to write this post.




Honestly, I have rarely written this article. I spent the weekend taking pictures of the dolls and wasn't happy with the results. But then I went to Madrid for a racing weekend with Mr. Monster, and when I came back I was even more inspired. Also, while we were there, I bought some dolls photography materials which I will show you in a future post. But let's talk about this doll.

Here is Barbie Fashionista No. 87 Rockstar Glam and Fashionista No. 107 Malibu . I've been on the Rockstar Glam Box for nearly a year now and recently purchased a Malibu from Amazon at a lower price than before. You also mentioned that Fashionista now has a new box design, which can be cheaper to make because it doesn't have a "Fashionista" character. We know Mattel loves to cut corners. If only they cut the corners of the package...



It's a doll out of the box.




Let's start with Rockstar Glam . The first time I saw her promotional photo, I thought it was her favorite face. It took me a while to figure out what the original figurine was, but thanks to the Katie doll I discovered it was a new head figurine called Daya.



I also think that the hair is really beautiful, but the quality is poor. I took quick snapshots while taking pictures and it looks a little better. You can see the difference from one picture to another because I didn't put the pictures in the order they were placed.



Malibu has 3 features I love: head sculpting, silver hair, and shaved hips. There seems to be a bit of confusion between LA Girl and Platinum Pop . Fun fact: If you visit Mattel's website, this doll is labeled "real with pink hair." Four whiskers.




The color of his face was a sign of admiration. If you look closely, it looks like the printer they're using for the face has run out of ink. With that, it looks good on camera.

The glamorous dress is like an oversized rock concert shirt. It looks lazy, but it has a realistic appearance.




The Malibu fabric looks high quality because we use Mattel. There is a print on the back of the skirt which is very rare in current Barbie fashion.





Like I said above, some projects don't go as well as I expected. One of them is a lemon/citrus green background that I am trying to combine with a bright yellow and green. I don't know what it is, but the coverage isn't great and the background looks a bit striped. It doesn't look bad on camera.



I wanted to make this wallpaper because I thought it was good with the shiny hair, but it just disappeared from it.




The second part of the art I couldn't find was a scattered paint background. It doesn't look bad, but on camera it looks much duller than my favourite.



I've also painted the cereal box blue, and it looks good on camera. This is a true blue shade of Americana Acrylic. You may have seen this wallpaper in some of my Instagram photos, like one of the LA Girls .



For a while I wanted something that would bring "volume" to the image. One of the things I would like to achieve is some kind of mesh or barrier that will add something to the image, but still allow you to see the background. A few weeks ago, I saw this tub rug that looked like a garden fence. Since it only costs 1€ each, I bought a white and a turquoise one.




I taped turquoise on the wall to see what effect I could achieve. I had to hold it in one hand because it wouldn't be straight, but I found it very enjoyable.



Then I took it out of the carton and painted two dolls. Do you think this is too much?



Here's how to put it all to the picture.




And just for fun, here's a picture of Khloe on the white carpet. This photo was taken a few days before the start of work on this post.



Honestly, I am very disappointed with these two dolls. It's not about the quality (I hope it's not great), I just don't feel like it. Like I said, some of these photos were taken before I went on vacation and some after I went on vacation. I was more enjoying shooting when I got back, so I probably had a day off when I took it out of the box.



Well, I hope you enjoyed this post. I thought it would be fast, but writing it was forever for me. Recently, I found an hour or two to adjust one morning, but I couldn't sit at the computer for two days. Also, I get confused easily and can't focus.

I was more or less planning my next post, but the other day I found something I could turn into furniture for Barbie, so I thought it would be a more interesting post. I still have some materials I need, but I'll start working on them once I have them too, I've decided to paint them a neutral color (white, grey, or gray) or something colorful like tea tree. Neutral colors go with any dioramas I create, but the colors are often the most fun to take pictures with. I know what you think of me.

That's it for me today, and I hope to be back soon with an article on art.

be cerfull.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url