Working on some doll furniture

Good Morning!

One of my plans for this summer is to build a doll sized cafe so I can have a story for my photos, maybe doll stories. I decided to start with the table chairs that can be used in other scenarios. The table was the easiest, so I started with that.

This idea came to me from a My Froggy Stuff video but I can't remember what it is so you might find it if you go to her YouTube channel.

I started drawing circles in the box, like a box of cereal. I used a silver plated pot to arrange them which seemed to be the perfect size.


Cut out the pieces and then glue them together. I like putting something heavy on top of the pieces while they dry.



I thought 6 pieces would be enough but then I found it too thin, I added 2 frames.

When the glue was dry I sanded the edges.


Then I repeated the same process, basically in a smaller circle. This time I used a spray paint to paint the frames.



I only used 6 for the base of the table.

Now it's time to make a pipe connecting the two parts. My Froggy Stuff makes a lot of crafts out of paper tubes, which is a great idea considering you can make the tube as thick as you like. Thing is, I don't like making paper straws, I had to make two to get one that looked half as good.

Sorry for the blurry photo
I would recommend cutting the paper tube properly until the glue has completely dried, otherwise it will be quite difficult to cut the tube.

Then I glued the parts with liquid silicone (or hot-cold glue, I don't know how to translate it into German). I originally planned to use PVA glue but the stationery salesman told me it was great. I didn't like it, at least for this project, I think white glue would be a better option since I can apply it with a brush.


I let the table dry overnight, then I painted. I used water-based matte paint, which also lends itself well to a chalk effect. I chose this because I thought the matte effect would be more realistic.

Pintando con Acualux mate Turquesa Marron



Painting with Acualux


And finally, here is the table.


And since I didn't like the paper tube technique, I started making the chair using wooden dowels and the cardboard leftovers from the table boxes. I'm a little stuck in this project because I don't know how to handle everything. I cut the seats out of the two parts of the back seat.



At first I wanted to build the chair shown in this video but I can't find these thin sticks anywhere so I have to find another way to make the chair.


Do you have any suggestions for making a chair? All ideas are welcome.

Note: Most of the photos were taken by Mr. Monster. He was very patient with me when I interrupted him while watching Game of Thrones .

Different

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url