Vintage Buttons Christmas Tree Decor DIY

Vintage buttons decorated with precious stones and Christmas tree decorations!

Create a stunning addition to your Christmas decorations with these antique wooden buttons. Just an old frame, burlap, hot glue, colored paper and buttons - all you need!

i love the buttons. When I was a kid, one of my favorite things was my mom's button glass. The buttons are so cool! I found little gems, big or small, all of which I wanted.

I've since assembled a bottle using my own buttons... I bought them from Yard Cell and found a lot of old buttons like my mom's. I've decided to be a part of seasonal Christmas inspired art!

Necessary materials for a Christmas tree with buttons:

Buttons : all kinds of green, gold and bright colors!


Green and kraft cardboard
Antique frame with glass bridge
hot glue gun

Step 1:

Start by cutting an isosceles triangle out of green cardstock and kraft paper stems.

Using hot glue, we glue it directly to the glass of the picture frame, which has burlap or colored paper inside. This is a great way to repurpose old tires.

The second step:

The next part of the fun. Collect all the green and brown buttons you can find or paint them the right color. This is a great time to get the kids involved.

Ask them to choose the button color they want. Then place the green button on the green cardboard and the brown button on the brown cardboard. Finally add a little button embellishment with shiny studs, brass studs and gems.

In the end perfect Christmas decoration. The ornate frame secures the knot!

Having the help of a little helper would be a very nice craft. All in all great for finding the right colored buttons.

Regardless, they'll have the same fond memories of browsing the button jars and greeting them all.

Like, save, share, comment, subscribe and post!


Do you have a button box?



Check out the fun items made using these buttons!











Facebook Follow me on Pinterest youtube Instagram Indonesia
postscript
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url