Unboxing some dolls plus new backgrounds


If you've been following this blog for a while, you know that I've done a lot of doll reviews. Rather than opening the box and putting it on the shelf for a demo, I paid more attention to the doll as I opened it. I'm sick of that though, especially since there's no wrist flip that turns me on. Yes, there is a beautiful Barbie Fashionista, but nothing special. Also, I feel like I only do fake reviews and my content is boring and unusual. So unless I'm really interested in a doll or something new and different, I'm not going to do real doll research.



There are several reasons I am writing this post out of the box. Firstly, I keep these dolls in boxes for several months and they need to come out. But since I didn't want them to come to me straight out of the box, I decided to do a little photo shoot with them to practice my photography skills. Also, I have a new background (summer!). If you remember, I told you in my last post that I live in a small town and I don't find anything funny. Well, right after I hit the send button, I went to a little stationery store, like the smallest stationery store in town, and I saw that they had new colored cards. Didn't expect to find anything there, the shop is so small and chaotic that I have to keep my wallet close to my body to avoid tripping over something. Anyway, let's get to the dolls.
Introducing Barbie Fashionista #73 Rosey Romper and #79 Love . They've been sitting in my doll's room for a long time (I think since September 2018) and I think it's about time they shine. Here they are in their box.




And here they came straight out of the box. I had to force her against the wall because Rosey Romper was uncooperative and stood alone.



We're bringing my new wallpaper because we see a rather dark blue and black background in this blog. This is a shade of Lime Green/Orange and is exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to see what my doll looks like. Let's start with Rosey Romper (hereafter Rosey). When I first saw her pictures on the internet I didn't like it, but when I saw her in the store I thought she was really beautiful. Not sure of the general pattern, I think this is one of the new titles they created for the Fashionista line.



I like the dress too, it's a beautiful black jumpsuit with a floral print. I mean at least it suits her and unlike other fashionistas it looks like the right dress... Her earrings look amazing too.




Coming to love: when I saw Teresa using the mold for her head, I had to buy it. I have been interested in carved dolls since I was a child (see Urban Camo or Sweet for Silver ). I also like her hair color but I'm not a fan of hairstyles so I'll probably get a makeover. I was thinking of naming it Drew, inspired by one of the dolls from the Fashion Fever series.



I don't care about the clothes. It's terrible. I mean, casual wear can look great paired with leggings, but it looks lazy. It was also paired with a pair of bright orange boots and a white hook. Have you ever seen that fashionistas only wear one accessory besides shoes? Whether bag, earrings, necklace or watch. I think Mattel can only put one piece of plastic on each doll.



And here the dolls pose together. I forgot to mention that Drew is tall and has straight legs and Rosie has a real body in heels.



Here are some photos of the dolls that I drew just for fun:






I am very happy with Rosey, I think she is very beautiful. I wasn't too sure about dyed hair at first, but it didn't bother me that much. Shall I call her Rosie? I also like the name Jemma for her.



With this hairstyle, Drew gave me a Generation Girl Tori vibe.





I also have a new color background, this time in grey. I wanted something fairly neutral and calm but with some texture. I used light gray for the background and darker for the highlights. I got a medium gray by mixing the two colors.



Not as beautiful as colorful, it looks more interesting on a plain background.



For some reason it reminds me of a Barbie album photo story from my childhood. It has a texture of dots on the walls of the building. And guess what? I found a few photo albums here and there . Image quality is very poor, but that's the photo story I remember.

In general I am very happy with this woman. Some of the new fashionistas are really interesting and funny, but I think too many have been overlooked. I used to buy them like lottery tickets, but now I try to stick to tickets that really appeal to me. I was very interested in having a leg brace but last time I checked it was still quite expensive.



I didn't see anything among other dolls that really interested me. Mattel is introducing a new line called Wild Hearts Crew that I find ridiculous but doesn't drive me crazy. Since they're only available in the US, it's not worth the extra hassle and $20 to me. You can see photos of this doll on Instagram and read Barb's thoughts here . It seems to me that Mattel is trying to mix some concepts to create bold and innovative lines. I like to see something new and really appreciate their different body structure and articulation. I don't want to sound negative, I just thought they could change the Barbie line ( like Generation Girls or So In Style ) with this concept and the Made To Move jersey . So there I have two cents.

Did you also see how I changed the theme of the blog? I'm not sure yet, so I haven't adjusted it yet. I don't know, maybe it's a weird feeling because I'm used to it. The mobile version looks better than before. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.



That's it for me today. I hope you are having a good week and Happy 4th of July to all my readers in the US. I will prepare a short background guide for my next post. I hope to find time for this. Danger.

MC

Follow me on Instagram , Facebook and Twitter .
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url