Sewing progress

For the past two weeks I have been working on various sewing projects. After many years of vowing, I finally started sewing last year. But, as is often the case, I focused on other projects and did not spend much time on them. In fact, I haven't done anything since I saw the sweater. But then, a few weeks ago, I started working on something, and I’m still in a position to sew.

I still sew very slowly, so I only sew 3 clothes in 2 weeks. I don’t spend all day sewing because I have real things to take care of, but I try to invest as much of my free time as possible.



The first dress I saw was the underwear you see in the photo above. Atelier I am working on a project with Shasha and that is one of the things we did. When I’m done with the whole project, I’ll write a personal message, but for now it’s “sympathetic”. This is what has led me to “cutting stitches” in recent weeks and I want to keep practicing.

As I wanted to improve, I decided to make another one in a different color, which is why I chose yellow fabric. Unfortunately, the material is not suitable for this project, as it is completely transparent and the seams look tight. Also, while she was playing with him, she became “fuzzy” because she was probably wearing very old pajama pants. Not very worn out, lying in a drawer for years.


As for the construction, I am very pleased with the work done. The embroidery has been improved and is perfect for the doll. Highway made my models because I wasn’t skilled enough to make this type of model.




I wanted to redesign the tank for the third item but in a different color, so I chose the same green color I used for the first panties. I can immediately say that the neck and straps are not the same. If you fold it in half, there will be almost no difference, but because the dress is so small, it is quite noticeable. I made the blade a little shorter, so maybe that will make it more noticeable.



Despite the shortcomings, overall I think I did a better job than the first ones. The seams look better, especially around the armpits, because I was tricked last time. The seams and bundles also look tidier. It also doesn’t look bad with mud.



As with needlework, while I continue to sew, I still have ideas for future projects. Some of these ideas are ambitious for my current abilities, but others seem easier. But for now I’ll take a break from the sewing sessions and find time for other projects. I was so focused that I didn't take any pictures for about two weeks. Also, I haven’t worked on a craft project and I’m looking forward to using all the Christmas colors.

My next post will be photos, but it will be short, as I have barely taken any photos in the last two months. I also took some pictures to review the doll, but I wasn’t too excited so I might have to try again.

I hope you are well, until then

ANDEREA
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url