Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Again doll lovers. How is your winter still going?

Cheese, keep me busy this summer. The transformation of our home is finally taking place. We were busy meeting the contractor and choosing materials. At first I was discouraged because I did not see any progress, but now I see that it is moving slowly. Also, "Monster Monster" I got sick a few weeks ago and I still do not have much time to play with the dolls. I finally brought a new blog post here.


Generation Girl Lara Nichelle Barbie Travelin House

Some time ago, Barbie wrote on her blog about one of the dolls as a child. In this post, I told you about this group, I thought it would be fun to show it to you. Hey Bar, I hope you don't mind expressing your support in 4 of the last 5 blog posts. "If this is your child" or "If you just want to collect Barbie toys, let's get started!" I hope you enjoy it.



Barbie traveling house playset 1995


This is Barbie Travellin House. I did not know the name of this set of games, so I stopped looking for something like Barbie Suitcase House. It was made in 1995, but I don't know if I bought it that year or maybe in 1996. It was a Christmas gift from my grandparents. I do not remember opening it, but I do remember taking it with me to my family's dinner on the 26th. Nickel leads us through this amazing set of games.


Barbie travelin house Nichelle Generation Girls


As you can see, it looks like a suitcase outside the house. It has wheels at the bottom where you can move the player.



Barbie Traveling House

It has several travel theme stickers to highlight the overall travel theme.



Barbie Travelin' House plaset back view

He got these white bands to keep him from disappearing. It has a white handle with stitched details.


Barbie Travelin' home playset 1995


Here is what it looks like when you open it. I remember there were some accessories in the device, but I don't know where they are.


Barbie Travelin house 1995 Inside


From left to right, to the ceiling pink closet, we have a TV. Stand next to a well-functioning white backlight TV.


Barbie Traveling House living room 1995

You can rotate the closet so that your doll has a good bed to sleep on. My desk is white, so I put one on my back next to the bed to make it look better on camera.




The closet hid this window, this little sleeping cat.





On the bed there is a small double that rises up to reveal the bathroom. I remember carrying a small towel hanging in that drawer.


Barbie Traveling house bathtube

You can also raise this small platform for your toys to sit on while you are getting ready for the shower.



We have a TV next to the bathroom. The TV cabinet has a small door to open. You can watch a small video of Barbie minivan released on TV the same year. Funny thing. In Spain, minivans are called "cruise cars."




If you turn the TV upside down, it will reflect a little bit of emptiness in the mirror (this is not well hidden behind the TV :).



There are two small keys on the table that, when pressed, unplug the phone: a music box.




Next, we have this pink and white shelf. It has a white chest on top. I remember this doll collection included a hat and some necklaces that could be worn on the chest.




If you press the white key, your chest will pop open to open the jewelry box so that your doll can store its jewelry inside. Also, the boxes cannot be opened one by one, they can be opened at the same time.




Next we have a dress. On top of that there is a small cart to store some things. You can hang clothes in this small round box.


Barbie Travelin House 1995 wardrobe





You can press the small button on the side to remove the strap.

Next we have a pink shelf with a platform for shoes. When the forum is out, this box will open correctly.







I found this hanger. I don't think it came with this game but I have seen such hangers in some images. I always thought one of the 2-on-1 game sets would be released in the early 90's. I had one fridge and a laundry room on the other side.




I received an ad for this game that looks at all the work items.



I love the way they sing about everything. You can also see some of the items mentioned. I remember the hats were pink and their hats were purple. Maybe it's my memory, or maybe it's an option.

I can also get an ad for the 2-in-1 furniture collection mentioned above. I can only get it in German.


Generation Girls Nichelle Barbie Travelin House

I love this collection of games, it brings a lot of childhood memories. I love the whole idea of ​​traveling in the right luggage style. Today I am not a big fan of Super Pink Instrument, I would prefer a more accurate color, but I did not think of it then.



When I started working on this article, I was thinking about how to create a DIY edition of this doll. Maybe a cheap or old suitcase with a hard shell on the outside. If only I had the time, the patience, and the ability to do this.

I hope you enjoyed this retro review, it was a little different for my blog. I was thrilled to see this doll again and played with it as a child. After I moved, I was able to return to my parents' home and try to find dolls. Let me know if you are interested in other retro reviews. Let me know if you or someone you know is in this group or has never heard of it. Did it look different? I wonder if there are alternatives.



College starts in a month. I have not yet written all the articles I want to write. I have left more complex projects this summer, I will release them in February or even next summer. I hope I can write a few notes before I go to school, I always want to write one or two notes to plan (but I never do). I am so busy renovating my house that I think I do not have much time to write a note, so I can post and schedule now. Let's see what happens.

So what do you think about this playlist? What toys did you have as a child?

take care.

Semi

Instagram Facebook Twitter Tumblr : _ _






Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url