Fashion Haul

Bye! I hope you are fine.

Summer is passing so quickly and I still haven't done half of what I had planned. I think I'm busy 24/7 and don't have much time to play with my dolls. As I said in one of my last posts, Mr. Monster and I will be back home later this year, probably in November or December. However, before we went in, we had to fix something in the house, so we send regular messages and meet with the contractor to make the final decision. It is very stressful, but I am happy that our new home will be beautiful to look at. I am also very excited because I will have more storage space in my doll / needle room.




I have a lot of blog post ideas and I already know I will have time to write next semester. I have a list on my computer where I write all my ideas and delete them when I write a message. I have wanted to build a corner house / diorama for a long time, but I have to wait to move so I have more time and space. Since I was constantly on the hunt for doll items throughout my awesome blog, I have a lot of good stuff to unpack. Some things were so in front of me that I was already ashamed. So I want to focus on some things they unpack. However, since I don't want to see it as a general review, I would like to add something else to the post, like a quick start guide or a new background. Something fast, light and easy. And since I'm still looking to take pop photos, I'll also focus on sharing my ideas with you and see how I'm doing. I want to hear your feedback and ideas, I am happy to hear from you.
In addition to the dolls, I have to open Barbie fashion packages. In Spain they are quite expensive compared to the US and the quality is not surprising. I haven't even seen fashion packs in my local stores lately and the only place I've seen is Amazon ... for half the price in the US. Not so much. Anyway, the first package for me is the one I won at Phyllis Handout .



I also got this boho style package. I got it because I liked the light jacket.



Finally, I have a few different packages. For some reason I have two packs of shoes.



As these are quite old packages, this won't be a full review, but a photo shoot. I have some new items for my photos, so I have a good reason to bring them

Let's start with the Phyllis pack (what's this glamorous pack called?) As it has several bright colors, so I thought it would be perfect for a dark skinned doll like Asha and XOXO (now Christie).




I know this fashion pack is designed for the royal body and Christie has a long body, but I think she still looks good with it. However, I don't know in your area, but I haven't seen the fashion package of the new leotard in any store or Amazon, not even the shoe package.



A few days ago I got a new email for pop photography and thought this press would be suitable for Christie's. I thought it was a nice color, pink and purple, but on camera it doesn't look like its color. I already like the light purple color, even though the face is completely different.



In this full body photo of Christie you can see how beautiful this dress looks on her. Wear heart stripes because both long and crooked Barbies have big legs. I know they made shoes for them but they didn't get them.



I decided to bring a chair to shoot so that I can take different poses for hope. Clothing isn't the best attitude to judge, but I really like how it turned out.




I know this tutu was long before the Black Panther movie, but capture Shura's passion for me with this top and this hairstyle.




For the next pack, I decided to take Chloe and Drew with me. Package style is not on my mind for Drew, but I just wanted to get rid of her dress. Drew Barbie's fashionista wears pink pizza shoes because again I didn't have any shoes to fit her.




I wanted to use the LED flashlight for some time to take pictures of the dolls. I've seen my Fragy things used numerous times in her dioramas, and recently Barb used them in one of her dioramas. So I thought they might have an interesting effect on a flat background. Here is Chloe.




When they light up, the background turns a little green, but I don't think you will notice. I also wanted to see how they would look around the doll. Sound like a Christmas theme?



In addition to the purple cardboard, I also bought the turquoise. It is very different from the blue I have already found, but it is very similar to what I see on the camera.



I am a little disappointed that they are the same. There were two shades of turquoise and I deliberately chose the darker one because I felt the light was very close to blue. Still, it's pretty cheap and I managed to get some good photos.





If you're wondering, here's how I'm setting up the lights. Since they are made of wire, you can "sculpt" the shape of the lantern.



Last but not least, Victoria (she is a LA girl) will be showing some unique products. These items appear to be cheaper than 2 sets of fabrics. There wasn't even a print on the back of the denim skirt and the shirt was terribly stitched. It looks very distinctive on the doll, but I pressed the extra fabric to the back of the doll so it wasn't visible.



The quality is not very good, but I like the skirt, it looks very versatile. I wish the back had the same material. These fashion sets made me realize that I need to learn to sew. So I would just have a problem with the shoes.



I have multiple fashion packs to open and a bunch of dolls, but I think that's enough to put one in. I don't think I'll reopen it. I have an idea for a different background, but I would like a "retro review" of the 90s Barbie set that I have. Let's see what I'll do next.



In addition to renovating my home, I also focused on improving my Instagram account . I wrote regularly, almost every day. Not only do I publish the photos you see here, but I also publish some photos that have not been published, even the ones I took specifically to post on Instagram.



Speaking of Instagram, I've recently met people who claim to be influential on various social media or even use the #dollinfluencer hat tag and to be honest this is something I'm not very involved with in the doll world. I always associate this term with the fashion and beauty industry, but it could actually be another case. In college, we had a number of debates and debates about what really makes someone an influencer and whether the work works for them. As the age range of this blog's readers is quite large, I'd love to hear what some of you are saying. What's your general opinion on influential people? Have you ever bought a doll based on someone's review or some kind of influence? Whenever I bought a doll after reading someone's review it was Avea Trotter and it was a review by The Toy Box Philosopher, but it also helped that the doll was for sale. Say what you think so far.



A quick note: Ms. Leo wrote a fantastic post called Puppet Show: 12 Step Program , which I found very interesting. I really encourage you to check it out.

Stop wandering from today. I wish you a good summer and hope to write to you soon.

Take care of ourselves!

RS

Related articles:
A lot of fashion


Social media:
Instagram Facebook Twitter
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url