Quick and easy background ideas for doll photography


Hello doll lovers!

I swear I had planned to let him go early but as always, life was like this before I came to my senses, it was February. When I focused on the final, I only did the most basic tasks, so now that I'm free for a while, I need to fix a few things. It's not like Mister Monster doesn't do anything, but he works full time, so he doesn't have more time than I do. I always try to do what I want, but I never have time, like fixing my shoes or cleaning the stove. And to top it off, my usual photo editor stopped working, so I had to find a new one. But in the end, I am writing this while sitting in front of my computer.



When I think of new post ideas that might be a little different and helpful to people, I think of doing something like a post with a “behind the scenes” photo of a doll. However, I am not the most experienced photographer and there is not a lot of content or news in my way of taking photos. So I came up with the idea of ​​doing a background post on the idea and thought it would be a lot more fun. I hope I can give you some ideas and I hope to have more from you.

Of course, I'm not a photography expert, I don't even have a professional camera, so don't rely too much on professional advice. In fact, it's more about giving you ideas than photography tips and techniques. Also, if you want to give me pro tips and suggestions, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section. They said let's start.

Colored cardboard or colored paper.

You've seen it as a background on my blog for several years. I use navy blue in all my doll reviews and bought a few colors a while ago. I don't know, in your area, but here they usually sell the A4 size, as well as the bigger one I carry.


13 wishes Howleen Wolf doll photography

See here how I took my photo to give you an idea of ​​the size.

Doll photography tips and tricks

The advantage is that it allows you to take a complete photo of your wrist, while other backgrounds limit you to a particular shot. On the other hand, I noticed that most of the brands are the same color, but you can still find nice things like glitter cardstock or patterns. Or you can try to customize it. Which brings me to my next point.


Do it yourself using the stock box


This can be a very labor intensive wallpaper, but all you will need is a cereal box, craft paint, and a brush. Just cut out a wide part of the cereal box, flatten it, and paint it your favorite color. I chose this periwinkle as the background, but it looks duller than I expected.


Frights Camera Action Viperine Gorgon

While I was waiting for Mr. Monster to finish this series of boxes so you can use it, I drew a cake box to see if it would be cool to look at. I used turquoise from Amsterdam brand, but you can use any acrylic paint at home.


Generation Girls Marie Lara wave 2

The cake box is pretty to look at, but it's too small and you can only take portraits, whereas with the stock box you can take almost full size photos. This may vary depending on the brand of series, as some boxes are narrower and smaller than others. He is like my:



Monster High Viperine doll photography

I regularly try to draw on a cardboard box, but I don't like the result because you can always see the lines on the cardboard. This can be interesting if you need texture, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'll try again, but this time with a base.


painting backgrounds amsterdam acrylic

The good thing is that you can create any color and if inspired, create a pattern or use a template to decorate it. But if you don't work with needles, don't worry, read on.

Examples of wallpaper and paint.

I recently worked for a company that sells wallpaper and many catalogs close every year and instead of throwing them away we give them to good customers who use them for crafts or scrapbooking.

Most of the motifs in this background were too large for doll scale, but this catalog was later discontinued and, although not my style, I thought it might be of interest for doll photography.


My favorite wallpaper is the wood slat pattern. They are very skinny on a "human scale", but nice to look at next to the wrist.

Barbie Look Music Festival

It can also be used as flooring.

Project MC2 Adrienne Attoms wave 1

The way wallpaper is sold varies from country to country. In the UK, for example, it is quite popular and inexpensive. In some areas, they provide you with free samples, which may be just the right size for the photo. However, I suggest you go to the paint shop/store and ask the clerk if they covered up the sample and threw it away. If you usually go to the store, they may be interested in giving it to you or calling you if they have a sample.

Ever After High Darling Charming

You've seen the paint changes you've seen before in some of my most popular coloring posts . It is A4 size, which does not allow you to take full size photos, but you can take photos of cowboys (however, cowboy photos are called "America Shots" in Spanish). However, in some stores, the samples can be small and ineffective. Compared to the dolls, mine looks like this:




Like the background, it can vary from one area or brand to another. In some places you can get it for free, in others you have to buy it


scrapbook or wrapping paper


This is probably the one you are already using. However, scrapbooking is hard to find in my area, and in some stores it's so expensive it sounds like you're buying gold. I'm not sure about other areas, but supermarkets like Aldi or Lidl in Europe sometimes sell cheap paper scrapbooks so you can get some new wallpaper. I don't have any scrapbooking paper, so a while ago I printed my brick wall, which you see here.
Poison Ivy brick wall

Wrapping paper can be difficult to work with because most of it has a glossy finish that is difficult to work with. Also, in my case, this is the only wrapping paper that is not Christmas themed:


star wars wapping paper


Honestly, it doesn't look bad, but the theme might not be very versatile:


Crazy For Coral star wars photography background

you have everything in your house


It can be anything that has a nice texture or color. School bags, storage baskets, pillowcases... the only limit is your imagination. For example, in this photo I use an old school bag.


Lea Monster Crafts Photography Backgrounds

There's a bit of glamor here, but I'm not crazy about it.

Here are some ideas on what to look for and tactics to make traveling easier. And again, this post isn't about giving you "education" - the ideas I've come up with over the last couple of years are all about inspiration and integration. As I've said many times, I'm not an expert in photography, I don't know what I'm doing (laughs). However, I am trying to improve and try to listen to other people's suggestions.


I hope you liked and liked this post. It took me ages to edit these images...plus all the hassles I mentioned above. I wish I had more time to write another post before I go to college, but I can't remember how long it took me to write this one. Anyway, leave me your thoughts in the comments section below, and if you want you can follow me on my Facebook page , where I'm most active during my "quiet blogging time".

Careful.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url