Pop of color

Welcome! Did you enjoy the weekend?

I have to admit that if I want to build a puppet cafe this century, I am not doing my job as I should. I don't have much free time, so I mostly work on these blogs on Sundays and a little bit here and there. In addition to working on the dollhouse, I have the Frankendolly project in mind, but before I start I'd like to write more reviews.

I didn't do a review today, but I took some pictures of the dolls. I'm not the best doll photographer and I don't have a professional camera or studio to work with, but I like to experiment and try to improve. As you may have noticed, almost all of my photos have the same dark blue background, so today I tried adding more colors to my photos. I used wall paint sample sheets that you can find at a paint shop (since I work in one, I can rent them), but you can also use heavy colored paper.


I love the look of this dark turquoise green in the photos and it seems to fill the wrists, but it doesn't make a big difference to the dark blue.



The light lavender color is very beautiful, but in the photo it looks too white, especially when I tried to photograph dark-skinned dolls.


"Crazy for Coral" is cute but it doesn't look good compared to this color.


Yellow is one of my least favorite colors, but I think it really makes the photos stand out. I think it mostly seduces Asha.

Made to Move Asha

Teresa also looks good against this color. By the way, the name of this color is "Extreme Honey".


LA Girl looks good on her, but I think dark skinned dolls look better.

Barbie Fashionistas L.A Girl

I had the same problem with light gray as light lavender, it looks very washed out and very dull.


For me, this cherry red is the most flattering color for dolls. Raquel, on the other hand, looks good.


And it really seduces Grace:

Barbie Style Luxe Grace

Since Mr. Monster recently complained about the lack of Monster High dolls on this blog, I decided to invite Claudia Wolf to shoot.


I have more leaf samples to try, but that's it for now. One of the hardest things for me is to photograph dolls with stitched skin, because sometimes I can't see if they are "looking" at the camera. Also, I'm not very creative with the poses and don't know what to do with the doll's hands other than putting them on the hips.

I hope you enjoyed my photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. I'll be back soon with another doll review.

I also want to remind you that we can keep in touch via Facebook and Twitter , especially in the age of non-blogging.

SM
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url