Photo compilation: May-June 2021

Nice to see you again. Almost Julie! Can you believe that the year is flying by so fast? We are in the middle of summer, the world is reopening, and it's time for another photo shoot.

Some time ago I decided to reduce the size of my Instagram post. I wrote almost daily, at least 6 times a week, and was overwhelmed. I had to constantly take pictures, it took time to create and write blog posts. It was a lot of daily activities like 5-7 photos a week, needlework, two blogging, cooking and laundry. Since there will be fewer photos, these collections will mostly be bi-monthly, but let's move on to the original photo.

Victoria laying in a turquoise and green background

March was quite a bright month with this photo shoot in Victoria. I had this color combination in my head and was itching to bring it to life. It's just two sheets of plain colored cardboard.

Victoria turquoise and green background

I also used two boxes to add more color to the photo. This has to be my favorite on set.

Victoria turquoise and green background with pink and yellow crates

I liked the result so much that I decided to take more photos with this color palette. Since I didn't want to show the same doll again, I brought Shaya and Kim to the set.



The two sheets of blue cardboard are actually different colors, but they are very similar and most people won't notice the difference.

These later photos were actually posted between February and March, but I forgot to post them in my latest photo collection so I decided to include them. I just shared a photo on Instagram that I haven't shared here before, so I'll add more content to this post.


I covered my True Blue wall with another coat of paint and it looks even better, though still uneven. I don't like these photosets, but I like the color combinations.



I still took pictures on my porch, but this time I tried to do something a little different. I took a large folding table outside (which I used as a photo table) and planted some trees there. As you can see, it takes up almost all the space on my porch. I also took a small laptop tray to create different heights to accommodate the plants. Here's how I set it all up:


And here is the photo I managed to take.


This photo was a struggle because I wanted the sky to appear and it was taken away. I used manual setting on my phone and finally got it right. This is my favorite of the 3.


Finally, a few photos that I took at home with a pool. They were taken back in March and I haven't posted them yet. This was Tate and Kira's first meeting and I managed to get some great photos.



This is the last photo I used for the #monday4p dolls as the theme was "cottage and countryside" and thought it might be appropriate. I was not overly motivated for this task. I first took a few photos for a weekend contest but never posted again and my photos went unnoticed. I then decided to only participate if the theme matches my intention or if I already have photos that match the theme.


I would like to complete this selection by making a selection for the first semester. One of my biggest accomplishments is that I finally graduated from university in February. It was very difficult and it took me forever to complete my degree because at first I worked full time and when I came home to study I had almost no time. Over the years, almost all of my free time has been devoted to studying, so I haven't been able to do much of what I would like to do here on the blog. Now that I'm not studying or working, I have more time to work on 2-3 doll blog posts per month, as well as an additional post on my food blog .

As for my puppet projects, I am very satisfied with what I have been doing for the last 6 months. I post at least 2 blog posts a month which is really great and I've been very consistent. The projects that I did, like Venscout , were in my head for a long time, and I was finally able to implement them. My favorite pose at the moment is outdoors, but do it indoors . The doll look is what I have wanted for so long and I managed to achieve it with a few items.

One of my goals for this year is to learn how to sew. So far, I've made my first pop pillow, which looks a bit rough, but that's just the beginning. I want to make some extra pillows to practice hand sewing and get used to the sewing machine, and then try to turn into a doll outfit. I want to create some basic outfits to expand my doll's wardrobe, especially for new body types. My chubby BMR cheeks have been wearing the same outfit since last summer!


Personally, we are doing well here. I always do as many courses as possible and look for work. I want to get a job as soon as possible because we need to finish the interior, but for now I like to hang out here with the dolls. A few days ago, Mr. Monster received his first dose of the Covid vaccine and thankfully had no side effects other than arm pain. Her first injection has already given me relief, although I know the epidemic is not over yet. Everyone in our family has been vaccinated except me and my nephew, but hopefully by the end of the summer I'll get vaccinated and we can be normal again.

I hope you are all healthy and safe and I will see you in my next post.

monster ship


PS Please note that the old email subscription system has stopped working and we have a new one, Follow.it. If you would like to continue to receive updates from this blog, you must log in again using the field in the left column. I'm following some people again, but you have to make sure you want to get updates from me. If you have any questions feel free to ask.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url