Making glasses for Monster High dolls

Hello spirits!

I can't believe it's almost the end of February! The new semester is about to begin, which means unfortunately I will not be able to publish until June. I try to come here at least once a month, but I can't make any promises.

I want to share with you a little craft I made today: doll glasses. I'm trying to do a little tutorial to find out how I did it, but this craft is by no means perfect. Also, I wish I had more photos and better quality in the process! I was inspired by this idea from one of my favorite Monster High characters, Gallia Yelps.


I used cardboard, glue, nail file, a sharp knife, and handmade paint from cereal or cookies boxes for this craft. For children reading this, you should ask an adult for help.

So I start by drawing the design of the glasses on cardboard. I have the same shape and size as my previous Goliath glasses. Fold the cardboard and draw half of the glass to create a balanced picture. Then cut according to the template.


Transfer the picture several times to a piece of cardboard and cut it out. I think I cut 4 or 5 pieces for my design. Also, I thought it would be easier to cut the glasses first, then the exterior.

how to make glasses for monster high dolls

Adjust the smooth edges by gluing the pieces together. I had problems with it because my cuts were not very clean and it was difficult to get into glasses.

Then draw the sides of the glasses. I did the first drawing for a long time and tried on a puppet to see how long I had to wait. Copy your design, cut out all the pieces and put them together as before. I used 3 pieces for each side.


Now is the time to put all these pieces together. I recommend trying on a pair of sunglasses and adjusting if necessary. The sides of my glasses were a little longer, so I had to grind them.




When the glue is completely dry, paint the pots the color you want. I painted my red because they were Goliath dolls and she did not have red glasses. If you want, you can decorate it with posters!


And as soon as the paint dries, our dolls can enjoy the new glasses. Goliath looks very happy.

Ghoulia new doll glasses

My glasses are perfect and look more like clothes than real glasses, but the Monster High line is not exactly a real doll line. I think I can improve this work by studying eyeglass design and engineering. Cardboard is probably not the best material for making doll cups. I thought of the craft foam, but it probably would not stick to the doll's head.

If you want, I recommend you take this craft step by step and make your own doll glasses, but don't forget to show the photos!

Blog for you fast!

M.C.



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url