How to: doll-size wooden pergola

Greetings again! Last seen! I knew I would not be able to work on the blog for a few weeks, but I did not expect him to be away for a whole month. Honestly, it was a combination of a lack of motivation to stay busy. The fact that I do not have air conditioning in my factory, even though we have a temperature of 40 ° C, did not help much. But despite the heat, I had to work on this project here and there, and it finally ended.


While doing this project, I had some setbacks; I made a few mistakes along the way that made this project take longer than expected. The good thing about mistakes is that it serves as a learning experience for both me and those who read it. I do not have to tell you now, I do not want to spoil the surprise. I also watched the My Froggy Stuff video after creating my own design, which in the end did not require me to change my design much.

Before I move on to this trade, I must warn you that it is not easy and requires a certain amount of sawing. However, I will try to suggest some alternatives that can make it easier for everyone. This is what I used.

  • The wooden blocks are square, 1 cm thick (25/64 or 0.39 inches).
  • 1 cm thick wooden planks, I think it is usually used as casting or as a finish.
  • Saw.
  • Eskimo sticks.
  • The glue. I used white hot glue.
  • ice cream sticks
  • Varnish or paint for products.

Note: All of my craft projects are designed for adults. Children should not do this without adult supervision.

When you read myboard post , I mentioned that I'm looking for long and short square wooden dowels and I can not find them. But one day I saw in a DIY store a thick wooden box that could be used for DIY, so I bought it. He's 2.4 feet (7.87 feet), so I thought he might get a lot. I first bought it to make a bench, but then this idea came to me, I decided to opt for it. As usual, when I got an alternative, I got square wooden frogs. To make my life easier, I decided to use this product for cases: dodge.

Frame (left) and bar (right)

The length of the dodder is about 30 cm (11.81 inches), which I think would be the perfect size. I always start with a design plan, sketch it first and then write down the details. This is what the "ceiling" will look like. It will be 30x31 cm with a gap of 5 cm (1.97 inches) between the beams.


Since the pegs are a little thinner than the frame, I decided to use them for the inside of the arbor and create a frame with the frame.

I start measuring and cutting two pieces the same size as the dodge. It was difficult to saw due to the size of the board, he said. Needed Monster's help. Alternatively, you can do it all with wooden pegs - adjust the distance between the beams to fit.


Then I had to reconsider my design to make sure the other two exteriors are the right size. Due to gaps and poorly dimensioned beams, it turned out to be 31 cm. Do not rush to make sure the size is perfect, then cut it into two parts.

If your parts are not very clean, you can chip it to remove any stains.

I glued the pieces with white glue and let them dry.


Now it's time to stick the last piece, that's where the problems started. There was a slight difference in size from beam to beam. These are not the only ones I cut myself, but the pre-cut drums also had minor flaws. It was then that I realized why Frog was sticking the stumps on top.

After the first failed attempt, I had to grind down the larger ones - use hot glue to glue them in place. Hot glue can get a certain size when dried, so it will fill the space. My problem is that it dries pretty quickly so I had to hurry. Here is the end result.


Now it's time to cut the pillars. Using the wrist as a guide, I decided that the best size would be 35 cm (13.78 inches). It will not rise too high above the wrist, so it will still be visible in the photo. Cut into 4 pieces.


If you want to use wooden dowels, you need to create a cardboard base or something to raise them to the desired height.

To get rid of the headache, I glued the columns hot.


For more details, I cut a few sticks to hold the column. To be honest, I do not think it really supports the craft, but rather creates an optical illusion of power. I measured 5 cm, then I drew two lines at an angle of 45 ° to the outside.


Cut a little. Depending on what you want to do, you will need 4 or 8.


Stick the stickers in place.


This is what we have so far. It has some drawbacks, but I hope we can cover it.


Now comes my favorite part: the painting. In this case, I will use a water-based dye. It's designed to protect wood from street damage, but I do not like the varnish effect. He sold it when he was working in a hardware store and it was known for its excellent quality.


You can always paint the wood with acrylic paint, dilute it with water, it will save you money. In my case, I got it because I also plan to do a wood floor with sticking sticks, so I will use that as well.


Painting took longer than expected, but it was worth it.


Now it's time to try it on some dolls. It took me a while to find a facility that I was happy with. I brought in some lawn chairs I made in 2013 to add a bright color to the dull background. Here is the first photo I took that made me happy.


I wanted to add some plants, flowers wrapped around the pergola to hide the imperfections, to give a bright color to the overall dull background. I would like to find something with small hosts that can be wrapped around the beams to make it look like a climbing plant. I haven't got it yet, but I did get these paper flowers and threads, so what should I do? I bought it at TEDi, a German gift shop, where you can get everything from candle holders to handmade items, often at very affordable prices.



I started by twisting the yarn around the beams and then added a few colors here and there.


I painted with Chloe to see if it works. It looks great, but I'll think I can use some of these flowers.


Overall, I am completely satisfied with the results. I love the color of the dye I chose, it looks beautiful in the photos. However, if I have to start over, I will probably do a few other things.

The size of a gazebo is good if you have a permanent diorama or want to create a "dining alley" view, but if it's just a photo booth or limited storage space, I think you can do it in a smaller version. I mean a different design, but with smaller glued beams.


That's it for me today. I did not work on any other crafts or projects because I was so immersed in this gazebo that I could not concentrate on anything else. My next post will be a selection of photos, so this will give me time to work on another craft project. I have some teacups that I can turn into shelves for my journals, maybe start working on a hardwood floor. Let's see what I'm going to do.

I hope you are doing well. I did not have time with my reading list, so as soon as I hit "Publish" I will visit some of your blogs to see what you're up to.

Goodbye.

monster vessel


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url