Doll Review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Sweet for Silver" (Kira)

How are you all?

I didn't want to write for a few days because I was a little disappointed with Barbie. In short I bought one of the new barbie look dolls from Amazon when it came back at a "fair" price but when I got it it was awkward. I bought one that didn't arrive on Saturday as expected, I had to wait until Monday. The new doll didn't look too swaying, but I could see her face wasn't symmetrical. In all this mess, putting off the second dummy, I'm not as excited as I should be. I posted a goofy eyed pic to twitter mentioning Mattel, no comments yet! Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first.


Fortunately, today's doll was not surprised at all. Please everyone, welcome to Barbie Fashionistas #62 Sweet for Silver, known to some fans as Kira. Kira is Barbie's Asian girlfriend - 80's - 90's has a lot of Barbie lines. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name Kira comes from the late 80's or late 1980's. In the early 90s before that, Barbie's Asian friends had other names, like Miko or Dana. However, Kira was briefly removed from the Barbie series, and many fans were waiting for his return. And here it is!

Even though all Fashionista boxes look the same, I love showing them pictures. He has a star on the background of his box and his number on the top right. There is no reason to look back.


Come on, he's here.



Kira has smooth skin, almond brown eyes, thick eyebrows, and lips painted a nude pink color. Needless to say, he used Kira's head sculpture. She's pretty, but I think her eyes should be a little closer.



And yes, it is celebrated as 1980.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that all Kira dolls have light brown or dark brown hair. She has light/dark brown blonde hair. It's quite subtle, but combines several colors - it's quite beautiful.


Her hair is styled in a high curly braid. I loved it when I saw it in the prototype but I'm not crazy about it so I'll probably make one. Also, it's a bit messy on the back.


In her hair she wears a light pink headdress in the form of a bandana.


She wore a white shirt with a pair of skirts around her neck and a silver skirt. Don't ask me why the traits are generally associated with rubber.


The jumpsuit is a bit ugly, I think there should be decorative stitching next to it.


Kira wears Doc Martin style shoes with mint green buttons. The design of the shoe is pretty good, but the color doesn't match the style.


The interesting thing about this doll is that the shoes are flat but the feet are in the form of high heels. Strange.



Also, I didn't mention it before, but when I opened the box, the shoes were in the wrong place. Looks like someone from Mattel is too lazy to push them a bit.


Even though my body is tough, I am very happy with my Kira doll. When I was a kid I wanted a Kira doll so much, I was a little obsessed with it. When I saw her in Barbie magazine, I showed it to my mom and told her she was beautiful. I didn't have a Kira doll as a child, I'm glad I have this version now as an adult.


I think Mattel made a wise move in releasing this Kira doll and many Barbie fans, especially adult collectors, are excited about her return. Since she was such a popular character, they probably should have given her a more detailed doll, but since she was so popular she would probably sell well. And if it sells well, hopefully we'll have a clear choice.



So what do you think Kirana? Did you have it as a child?

SMS:
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url