Doll review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Crazy for Coral"

Hello my dear doll friends! How about April?

I'm trying to stick to my "monthly release schedule" so I figured this week would be perfect because I'm on vacation and have more free time.

Today I am going to review my first Barbie doll: Crazy for Coral from the Barbie Fashionistas line of dolls. This doll is at the forefront of fashion and features three new body shapes. I've talked about these new bodies before on this blog, you can read my thoughts here . Crazy for Coral has one of those new bodies known as "miniature", meaning Barbie is smaller than usual.

So let's start with the box. This new line of fashionistas presents bright purses with the inscription "Fashionista" on the left. There isn't much information about the doll in the box, just her number. It strikes me that the word "small" is nowhere to be found.

Barbie fashionista doll review crazy for coral petite

All the fashionistas of this line can be seen on the back of the box.

Barbie Fashionistas box new bodies

By removing the plastic we can see better.

Barbie fashionista crazy for coral review

I have one negative comment about this box. As usual, the dolls' heads are tied to the back of the box with those horrible plastic things, and the only way to free them is to open the box. I hate those plastic things, worse from their doll hair. Seriously, Mattel, do you still have to use them? Are you afraid that the doll will run away?

So I finally got the clearance. It is here:

Doll review Crazy for Coral

She has a really adorable face. I'm not an expert on Barbie's heads, but I think she uses a mold for Skipper's head, so maybe that's a good reason to remind Skipper.

Crazy for Coral fashionista review

Her hair looks a lot bigger than in the promotional photos but I like it so much more.

Crazy for Coral petite fashionista review

And thankfully, the back of her hair looks pretty decent in a box and despite those awful plastic wrappers.
Petite Barbie fashionista review

She is wearing a pink and coral dress with a gold pattern. The upper part of the chest is black, with a bow tied around the neck. The dress is beautiful, but nothing stunning.

She also wears this gold bracelet.




This doll has flat feet. This is my first Barbie doll with flat feet. I think she's wearing these heeled sandals in a gold frame.


The bad thing about these fashionistas is that they are not clear. With a click I thought my knees were a little bent like the dolls I had as a kid but no. So this is the only way to feel:


Barbie fashionista doll review

It was difficult for me to pose with her because I was used to fully articulated dolls like Monster High or Barbie Style Luxe. If you bend at the elbow, you can touch the hair.

Barbie Fashionista Crazy For Coral Petite

As I told you before, this doll is smaller than the average Barbie. I compared it to Style Luxe Midge. Since Midge didn't want to be left alone, this is the best shot I've ever taken:

Barbie fashionista Style Luxe Midge

Overall I think it's a good doll but there are some things that could be better such as bending the knees. In addition, the doll has no accessories or bags. I'm glad Mattel released these new cases as they add more variety to the Barbie line. Hopefully this line is very successful and will bring more fashionistas with articulated bodies.

Barbie Fashionista Petite review

By the way, the new fashionistas don't have an official name, so there isn't an official one yet. I'm thinking about naming Courtney after Skipper's boyfriend. What do you think?

Adoption.

MRS
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url