Doll Review: Barbie Fashionista Curvy "So Sporty"

Hello little doll friends! Somehow June is coming to an end and I didn't have time to complete all the projects I had planned. There are a few dolls I need to check out and two more are on the way. Some of these dolls have been in boxes for months! I also want to do some DIY work like a quick diorama to draw the best doll pictures.


One of the dolls waiting in the spotlight is the So Sporty #38 doll from the 2016 Barbie Fashionistas series. She has a beautiful body and is one of the most fashionable dolls. To be honest, I wasn't too excited about it, but I was surprised. Let's start looking!

Her box has more or less the same design as the fashionista's "simple" box, but is larger and has a doll on the left and a dress on the right. The beautiful paisley box looks a little cheaper.



We see a few other dolls that come with modes on the back of the box.


After opening the package, we can take a first look at the doll.


Thus, the athlete has light skin, blue eyes and pink lipstick. It uses a new curve that some call "Playline Carl", but I don't know if that's an official name. You can find this best example at Chambray Chic and Spring into Style .


At first I thought this doll was the same as Chambray Chic , but with a different hair color. So I took both photos to compare. As you can see, So Sporty has darker skin tones and larger eyes. Also, I think her lips are fuller, but maybe that's the doll.




Sparta has straight dark brown/red hair. It looks more red in the photos. It comes out of the box in a very compressed state and is very hard due to the fact that the product is collapsible. I hope to fix it later.



It also comes with a black plastic cover that doesn't stick to those horrible plastic items in a weird way. It is more rubbery and stretchy than Kitty Cute Beanie .


The athlete wears a blue mesh dress with a black background. I was a little disappointed to see that it didn't have mesh on the back, but I liked the little detail on my shoulders.



She also wears blue sandals on a flat platform. It goes well with a blue dress, but I think another color will be more beautiful.


This white bag, which seems very simple to me, is also sporty.





Now let's try these extra clothes! The first dress is a striped dress with a black skirt. I thought it was a one piece dress and was surprised to learn that it was actually a two piece dress. Mattel made a two-piece necklace (see Kitty Sweethearts Top and Skirts ), which creates a one-piece dress when it needs to be a two-piece.


I think Sporty looks great in this outfit. I also change the pink shoes to this one.







Speaking of shoes, the bonus pair is a pair of sheer pink low top sneakers. I don't like to make diaphragm accessories, especially shoes.


The second dress consists of a neon yellow and dill white pencil skirt with bright pink stripes.


I thought I liked this dress better, but the pencil skirt marks the joints of her legs, and the cropped top shows me her body a little weirdly.




The last accessory in this pack is a transparent pink purse that looks orange in my photos for an unusual reason. It's pink like the shoes.


And if you're interested, I chose a yellow skirt with a striped top. What do you think?


Overall I am very satisfied with So Sporty . I bought it because it was on sale, although I preferred other dolls and didn't expect to like it so much. I had a lot of fun taking them and I think they are very beautiful.


I wasn't impressed with the clothes when I saw their prototype, but personally they look better. It's certainly not high-quality, but it looks better than other fashionistas' clothes.

One of the reasons for my review is not only to evaluate the dolls I took out of the box, but also to help people find information on specific dolls and maybe decide whether or not to buy them. If you ask me which doll to choose between this one and Chambray Chic, I would definitely choose it. He has more temperament and for some reason I consider him more photogenic.


Now it's time to choose a name. I thought about giving her the name I chose for June, a pink-haired woman in a daisy dress. It doesn't seem like he can't get it soon though just because I think he has the right eye, so maybe he should use June for that. Do you have another name suggestion?


Also, I didn't upload all the photos I took with So Sporty . So if you want to see more, you can follow me on Instagram .

What do you think about So Sporty ? Is there something like that in your collection?

MRS



Related products you like:

Doll Review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Beautiful in Paisley"

Doll Review: Spectacular Barbie Fashionistas "Chamber Chic"
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url