9th blogoversary

Well, you read the title. This little blog turns 9 today! It doesn't feel like 9 years have passed, it still feels like yesterday. I've been fascinated by him for so long.

Although I started blogging again in 2013, the content I had planned for 2019 couldn't be consistent. I don't know what it is, but I think it's about time I started enjoying the content I save the most, but also trying new things.


Last year I forgot my blog's birthday so the last special post is for my blog's 7th birthday. In the post I mentioned that I always wanted to post more trades but never had the time or trouble finding supplies. Okay, I've since made about 14 custom craft posts (which you can find under the Puppet Crafts tag), plus little things I do behind the scenes, but I can't blog like most of my boards. Moving has helped me to do more because I have a better job now.

I'm learning to sew so I can make doll costumes for my dolls. It was something I promised to learn from the start, but sunk by the end of last year. am i an expert no Are my doll's clothes very well made? And no. But I'm willing to share my progress here so maybe I can encourage others to learn something new. It's also a good idea to keep "progress logs" so you can look back and see how far you've come.

Victoria brought gifts.

Currently the idea behind this blog is to show what I've learned over the course of my doll collection. I don't consider myself an expert in any field but thought I would provide some information that people might find useful or interesting. When I started collecting, I had many questions, but I couldn't find many answers. I often see photos of this beautiful doll in a beautiful landscape and I don't know how to do something like this from a distance. I figured out how to do some things, I'm sharing them here in case anyone finds it useful. Of course there are other resources ( My Fuggy Stuff is a great inspiration, especially in the beginning), but I'm just sharing my personal journey.

I often think that I can't do some things because I don't have the right resources. I don't need to talk about money, but I do need to talk about access to specific supplies or the right place to put them. So I try my best to make the most of what I have, but I also keep it simple so that others can feel able to do the same. I do a lot of crafting with popsicles for this reason, since it's a common ingredient that most people can find and is quite easy to work with. My patio pictures dispel the notion that you don't need the most impressive garden to photograph the exterior of the comfort of your home.

Also try to figure out how to get to the pool.
Pictures without a decent pool.

In the future I want to share everything I do. I have ideas for future projects, some more complex than what I thought of, but others simple nonetheless. I always want to keep improving and developing my craft, although there's still something to offer for those who can't (or don't want to) something very complex.

I hope you are doing well. My next post will probably be a collection of photos, although I took very few photos last week. In the meantime, I'd like to finish a sewing project and work on a little piece of art that I'll be sharing here in the near future.

Bye for now.

monstrous craft

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url