Working on some doll furniture

Congratulations everyone!

One of my projects this summer is to create a pop cafe so I can see the stage for my photos and maybe pop stories. I decided to start with a table and a few chairs that could be used in other situations. The table was the simplest, so I started with it.

I borrowed this idea from one of my videos My Froggy Stuff, but I can’t remember which one, so if you visit her YouTube channel, you’ll probably find her.

I started drawing circles in a box that looked like a grain box. I used an enameled jar to identify her because she was the perfect size to look at.


Cut out the details and then glue them together. I like to put something heavy on top of the product when it dries.



I thought 6 pieces would be enough, but then I found it a little thinner and added 2 more circles.

When the glue dries, sand the edges.


I then repeated the same process using a small wheel as a base. This time I used an aerosol can to circle the wheels.



I only used 6 pieces for the base of the table.

Now it's time to make a pipe that will connect the two parts. My Froggy Stufff messes around a lot with paper tubes, and it’s a good idea if you think you can make a tube as thick as you like. The thing is, I don’t like making paper tubes, I had to make two to get one that looks half decent.

Sorry for the blurred image
I would recommend you cut the paper tube to the right size until the glue is completely dry, otherwise the tube will be quite difficult to cut.

Then I glued the parts together with liquid silicone (or something like cold hot glue, I don’t know how to translate into English). At first I wanted to use PVA glue, but the stationery seller said it was great. I didn’t like it, at least for this particular project, and I think white glue would be a good choice because I could apply it with a brush.


I dried the table overnight and then painted it. I used matte water-based kraft paint that blends well with chalk paint. I chose this because I thought the matte effect would look more realistic.

Pintando con Acualux mate Turquesa Marron



Painting with Acualux


Finally, here is the table:


And because I didn’t like the paper tube technique, I started working on the chair using wooden pegs and the rest of the cardboard from the cardboard boxes used for the table. I’m a little stuck in this project because I don’t know how to put it all together. I just cut out pieces of the seat and two pieces of the backrest.



Originally I wanted to make the chair shown in this video, but I can’t find these thin sticks anywhere, so I need to come up with another way to make the chair.


Do you have any suggestions on how to make a chair? Any ideas would be more welcome.

Note: most of the photos were taken by Mr. Samples taken. He was very patient with me because I kindly interrupted him while watching Game of Thrones .

MS

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url