Doll review: Barbie Fashionistas "L.A. Girl"

Good morning everyone! Thanks to everyone for the kind comments on my last post. I usually don’t get much feedback, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I took a little creative break to do another pop review. This time I'm going to review LA Girl , from the 2015 Barbie Fashionistas series, also known as the Shaved Blonde. I loved this doll from the first time I saw it, but waited to see if there was a possible version, but since that apparently is not the case, I decided to buy it anyway.

Barbie Fashionistas LA Girl Review

Let's start with the box. All Fashionista dolls have the same type of box. Fashionistas do not have names, they have numbers and some of them have their numbers on the box, but this one does not. I bought this doll from the Toys'r'us Spain website and I think the remaining glue you can see is the price when it was in the store.


The back of the box is nothing special, there is a picture of some fashionistas in one corner, I like the first one from left.



This box is very easy to open. I do not understand why some boxes are so difficult to open, since this type of product is mainly aimed at small children. Finally ready to use:

Barbie Fashionistas LA Girl Doll Review

This doll uses Skipper's head print, has brown eyes, light brown eyebrows, red lips and cute marks. I think he has a very funny and friendly face.


Barbie Fashionistas LA Girl Elizabeth


This doll is known for her hair. She mixed light blonde hair with a hint of light pink. In the prototype, she also has blue hair, but not the final doll. One side of her hair was piled up (to make it look like she had been shaved). Unfortunately, in my opinion, her hair is a bit flat on the ground and so styled that it looks weird and unnatural.



LA Girl fashionista hair

He had to wash his hair, but that would be after this test. I try to style my hair by brushing it with a Monster High brush and by hand. Not perfect, but better.


She wore a sleeveless blue blouse with "LA Girl" written on it. In the prototype, the shirt had sleeves, which again was something different on the last doll. She also wears a black skirt made of some kind of vinyl, which I think leather is trying to mimic.

The dress was good on me, but nothing special. Even though I like the ending.


She carried this lime-colored clutch with her, which gave the dress its color.


The shoes are pretty plain black ballet flats. In the prototype, the shoes are the same color as the bag, but I prefer the black ones because it fits well with everything and fits with more outfits.


I think what they are trying to do with this doll is to make her look like a girl who has a brave personality and is not afraid to experiment with her appearance, and for me to walk around. I think there are some things that could be better with this that can be served on another line.


I'm glad to finally receive this doll, it's very pretty and I think it's a great addition to my collection. She's stiff as a plank, like all fashionistas, but I found an articulated body that would probably match her skin color.


Barbie Fashionista LA Girl review


By the way, it seems that young fashionistas do not have official names, but photos (maybe fans) with their names have appeared on the internet. The name given to this woman is Elizabeth and it seems that the fans took her as her name. However, it sounds to me more like being called Victoria. What do you think?

So what do you think of girls from Los Angeles? Should I call her Elizabeth or Victoria?

MC
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url