Pop of color

Bye! Did you enjoy the weekend?

I have to admit that I haven't practiced my craft as much as I should if I were to build a puppet cafe this century. I don't have much free time, so I work on this blog mostly on Sundays and from time to time. In addition to some pop creations, I have an honest project in mind, but before I start I want to do a few more reviews.

I haven't done a review today, but I took some pictures of the dolls. I'm not the best pop photographer and I don't have a professional camera or studio to work with, but I like to experiment and try to improve. As you may have noticed, almost all of my photos have the same dark blue background, so today I'm trying to add more color to my photos. I used a wall paint sample that you can buy at a paint shop (I work at one so I can borrow one), but you can also use colored cardstock.


I love the look of this dark teal in the photo and it looks flattering on a wrist, but it doesn't make the same difference as dark blue.



This light lavender color is very pretty, but it looks too white in the photo, especially when I'm trying to photograph a dark-skinned doll.


"Crazy for Coral" is cute, but this color doesn't suit her.


Yellow is one of my least favorite colors, but I think it really brightens the image. I think this is particularly flattering for Asha.

Made to Move Asha

Teresa also looks great in this color. By the way, the name of this color is "Extreme Honey".


The LA girl is fine in this regard, but I think it suits dolls with darker complexions more.

Barbie Fashionistas L.A Girl

I have the same problem with light gray as with light lavender, it looks very pale and also looks very dull.


This cherry red is the most flattering wrist color for me. Raquel was fine in this context.


And this is very flattering for Grace:

Barbie Style Luxe Grace

Since Mr. Monsters has been complaining lately about the lack of Monster High dolls on this blog, I decided to invite Claudia Wolf for a photo shoot.


I have a few more sample pages, but that's it for now. One of the hardest things for me was photographing the dolls with their lashes sewn in, because sometimes I couldn't see if they were "looking" at the camera. Also, I'm not very creative with the poses and don't know what to do with the doll's arms other than put them on the hips.

I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I enjoy taking them. I'll be back soon with another pop review.

I also want to remind you that we can stay connected on Facebook and Twitter , especially when you are not blogging.

SM
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url