Watercolor Galaxy Profile Pocket Notebook DIY


DIY Galaxy Profile Pocket Notebook


Create the perfect custom pocket notebook for the user with a watercolor galaxy outline. This slim notepad is perfect for getting creative on the go. Fill it with art paper, watercolor paper, or mixed paper for whatever material you like. I share notebooks and journals all week. You never have enough notebooks!

I learned this fun galactic technique from design team member Cathy Tombow. She is the queen of the galaxy! I attended the Tombow Design Summit in January and he gave me this notebook. I knew I had to create my own.

If you make your own, post it on social media with the hashtag #doodlecraft to view and share.


Galaxy Profile Watercolor Pocket Notebook Consumables:

profile sketch
Half sheet of 80lb colored cardstock
12 half pages (folded in half)
sewing machine

Or get this tombow art kit for just about anything you need!



Start drawing your profile. I took a selfie from the side... and was shocked at how much my lips jutted out. Yes Yes. In any case, draw the outline. I used my iPad, but you can just stick a piece of paper on your laptop screen and trace around.


I printed my profile and then transferred the watercolor to paper using Cricut BrightPad.


Once it's drawn in pencil, you can add all the fun stuff.

Watercolor Galaxy Step 1:

Use Tombow Glue Pena to draw stars, dots and more. full profile.


Watercolor Galaxy Step 2:

Now add color to the image. Start painting the lightest color from the Double Brush Pen.


Then add other colors and little black dots around the edges.


Watercolor Galaxy Step 3:

Now use the water brush to blend the colors, starting with the lightest color and working your way through the darker colors.


Then, let the amazing watercolor galaxy dry completely.


Watercolor Galaxy Profile Step 4:

Now use the MONO Twin permanent marker to outline your profile.


Step 5 Turn the watercolor galaxy profile into a notepad:

Fold a sheet of paper in half and a half sheet of paper in half. Cut out the profile with scissors, leaving a small white border.


Fold the cardboard and paper and sew the center on the sewing machine.


Fold the notebook in half along the binding edge and mark the stiff spine.


Now use Tombow tape to stick the profile onto the notebook.


Completely! I think it's so much fun! Drawing is a great way to take a self-portrait without much skill. This can be a fun summer camp craft (books can be made ahead of time) or a great night out craft for girls!


These are my favorite colors! Blue, pink and purple. What color would you give your galaxy?


That's it!

Like and Share!




Also check out this Galaxy Butterfly:
Paint stunning Watercolor Galaxy Silhouettes with the Tombow Creativity Kit.





Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Youtube instagram Twitter
postscript
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url