Upcycling again: transforming more tea boxes into doll-size shelves

Advertising. In 2019, I wrote a blog in which I turned a tea box into a shelf the size of a toy to use it as a stand for my puppet scene and scheme. This is a simple but effective idea that I wanted to keep researching but never did. In fact, when I posted the post, I found two other boxes that had been in my dollhouse for two years. Since I had no plans for the next blog, I thought this might be a good time to use it.

Blake and Rosie in a blush pink room with grey bookcase

In this article, I will draw two of them. The first one I did was in the main post about the supplement, but in different colors, so I didn’t go into detail. The second above, I explain it a little better, although the strategy is basically the same. As I said in the original article, I took this idea from Bonkev, a Spanish doll collector.

As I said, the first project I created was a box of my original text, except that this time I didn’t attach the legs. I tried it and gave it white for the first time a few months ago.


Now is the time to draw. I don’t know if you remember, but at the end of the post I asked what color to draw. Okay, I’m not using any of the colors you suggest, and I’ll be using glass , not glass, in the US and acrylic if that’s not for me.

Tea box with Sea Glass tube

Here are the full results:


I really like this design. It reminds me of an Ikea bookcase from Ikea. I like to do this in several colors, but these boxes are hard to find. While working on this item I came across a third such box to add another color to my shelving collection.

Now let's move on to the second drawing. I found this box measuring 25x9 cm (9.8x3.5 inches) which allows us to make a long bookcase.


According to the original design, we had to remove the creases and remove the lid. Then I filled the holes with firewood.

As I mentioned in the last post, next to this box is written "infusion", so we need to delete it. I smoothed it out as much as possible, but probably didn’t get rid of it completely.


As soon as I thought I was tired, I went ahead and prepared the details. I use Geshon, but you can use any type of primer if you want. The characters always go through the primer as shown in the picture below. I’m still worried about the color and have to give it a lot of coats.


I decided to mix white and orange because I wanted to be safer than sorry, and first gave her a peach coat. The idea came to me from a make-up technique that covers tattoos, which is also called color correction. The idea is that orange corresponds to darker shades of blue, as blue and orange are several colors. Peach paint covers most of the paint as shown in the photo below.

I recommend using peach instead of pure orange, as it will be easier to cover, especially if you use a lighter color. If you plan to use black, you may not need this step.

Once the glue dries, apply it. I use Dove Gray for American and Acrylic . In a public comment I made for another design, Linda suggested using this color in my dolls , but I started to get used to it.


It’s a nice neutral shade with a bit of purple. On camera is easier than in real life.

Now let’s see how our new shelves for dolls look on camera. First try the green color on the Dove Gray wall. I’m not too proud of this show, but I like the subtitles.

Before I started working on this article, I took a few photos with nautical glass shelves. I wanted to sever ties with Gray Winscat and see what it looks like with the same color of walls. Blake is here:

Now let's try the gray. I want to undo what I did in the first photo with Chalo, and try the Tortora bookcase on the glass wall. I love this color combination.

I recently built a new wall on Dusty Rose. I used the color of the blues rose from Americana Acrylics and it’s beautiful. Let’s use our new wall and see what it looks like with a gray bookcase. This is Rosie.


I love this color and it looks like a doll. I thought it would be like a wall with orchids in front of me, but I think it was completely different. In the future I plan to use a bicycle project.



How often do I resent my craft project? As I’ve done it before, I know it works. I am very happy with the colors chosen (although it is easy to fix) and find them to be a great addition to my doll’s furniture. I was worried that the gray would not be the right size, but it was perfect. In the near future I have two more bike boxes.

For future projects I just started working on solid ground and it looks like a lot of work and popcorn. I hope he did it in late October or early October because he looks great for fall / fall photos (although we still have shorts and T-shirts).

I wish you all the best. Let me know if you plan to do something similar for your doll and if you have any other design ideas. 

Until we meet again!

craft monsters


PS The Ni Shasha studio is sold out on weekends. See the latest post for more information.


See part 1 পরিবর্তন Change the tea box to the doll furniture on the rails

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url