The return of Monster High

Welcome to my blog. Today I want to do something I don't often do and write novels. I don't usually talk about doll news or doll reviews that I don't have yet, but I like to do something different from time to time. Remember this is my personal opinion and my personal opinion. Also, my criticism should be constructive and not disrespectful to the designers involved and their work. If anything, my main comment is Matt. I will try to break this article into several sections for easier reading. Now let's finally enter.

Orange Hair Howleen Coffin Bean Clawdeen

Monster High will be back soon. If you've been following me for a while, you know I love Monster High. That's why my nickname is Most Crafts. But in 2016-2017, when the line was crossed, I focused more on Barbie dolls.

A little background from Monster High

For those unfamiliar with these dolls, Monster High is a fashion doll that Mattel has been creating since 2010 and closed in 2017. Monster). The group's first issue featured "main characters": Frankie Stein, daughter of the Frankenstein monster; Leo Daniel, daughter of the mummy; son of Medusa Davis Gorgon; Dracula's daughter Dracula; Claudine Wolf, daughter of the legendary Monster and Lagona, daughter of the Blue Sea Monster (always seen as an animal from Black Lake).

Fran ቻois has created many self-explanatory websites to let you know They add biographies to their websites which give more depth to the characters and some features for kids to interact with. The doll's notebooks also provided information about her past and helped her get baptized in the Monster High doll. It was a great marketing idea if you ask me.

Garrett Sander is believed to be the creator of Monster High and I believe he is one of the original designers. Other designers involved were Rebecca Shipman (creator of Wild Hearts Club Dolls), Natalie Viligas and Javier Mebe.

Unfortunately, Monster High doll sales started to decline, so in 2016 they decided to relaunch the line. The new dolls had more children's faces, costumes, and detailed accessories, and many of them weren't revealed, which is something fans should complain about. At the very least, Garrett Sander moved to Australia to work at Moose Toys , where he worked on the Capsule Chicks and the Fail Fix line. Shortly after reopening, the line was dropped to the displeasure of some fans, but he was disappointed in Mattelly, thinking he'd broken the perfect puppet line.

What's happening now?

Group of Monster High dolls with a blue background
Draculaura, Deuce Gorgon, Frankie Stein.
Goliath, Claudine and Howlin Wolf.

news

In mid-February, Mattel reposted Monster High on various social media profiles and updated its profile photo. Some random Monster High users have started posting photo comments and likes on Monster High's Instagram account. This prompted fans to speculate that it could be a return to Monster High, which has been speculated about ever since... well after the line was deleted. It doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon, but when a limited number of Scalper dolls (Gradi Twin and PennyWis) were announced last year, fans started hoping again.

Her name is Fontana who works for the AD DC Super Hero Girls franchise, the host of my favorite animated series. I'm not sure about the direct action because they can be very wrong. Additionally, it's designed as a musical instrument, which I think is a very divisive genre. You can read more at the end of this article .

Coincidentally, at that moment, Garrett Sander announced that he was leaving Australia and returning to the United States. In fact, there were rumors that Mattel was going back to work. Garrett denies the rumors, but personally I'd like to include him.

What can we expect?

There is no official information about the update yet. What I found out is that by the end of 2021 there will be some "premium" collections on the shelves. Assuming this was a "high-end" line. If that's true, Goulia's signature could be your chance.

I think we can expect to see some of the front row characters, maybe two young ones. As of this writing, Mattel Frank, Dracula and Claudine have confirmed that they will be part of the revival on Instagram , which is not surprising as they seem to be very popular with the kids. Unfortunately I don't think some of the characters added to the line will be included later in the reboot. One of Monster High's biggest problems in a short time. So many characters were presented in such a short time that most of them didn't have much past and influence. I don't think characters like Batsy Claro, Luna Mothews or hybrids will be in the update.

Given how big the last reboot is, I think the reboot will be closer to the starting line than the reboot. While many feel that leadership needs to be restored, I disagree. While I think it's important to have an original line, I think it can help if the line has improved and new features. The first line is about unique looks, elegance, backgrounds... and new body types, clothing that follows current trends and much more. It's a good place to combine this with new features. You can take the old and make it feel new.

Orange hair Howleen Wolf outdoors photo

promises and concerns

One of my biggest concerns is the price point. Monster High wasn't the cheapest line there, but the price was above average and still very affordable. I don't think the prices are in the US so I asked on twitter and some users mentioned that for more "complete dolls" (including doll stands and notebooks) it's around $20-22 while most budget lines are at about US dollars. 12-14

If we take the current Barbie line as a reference, we will see that the price of the dolls has increased but the quality is not very high. Some existing Barbie lines are too expensive for the game line. For example, the new Barbie Extra doll costs about $25 for a box and a favorite pup. I don't know how much it will cost to get a doll, notebook and some special items. With that in mind, I don't expect Monster High to be $25-30 cheaper.

The second biggest concern is quality, especially when it comes to quality and price. For example, the Fashionistas line has a fixed price, we can see a reduction in quality compared to the 2016 Fashionistas line. And BMR was supposed to be a "collector", so it wasn't launched online in 1959. This issue is particularly important to me when it comes to "high quality" dolls because I'm concerned it might mean "cheap high quality". I don't want to pay more than $35 to find out if Ghoulia Farm has pixel eyes and cheap clothes.

On the plus side, I'm very optimistic about the design. In the front row, each doll was celebrated for its unique, distinctive style, color scheme, and unique head shape. This could be a more unique design, with popular variations on the fascist line (vitiligo or prosthetics, curved body, etc.). I look forward to seeing a new character.

I also hope that if this recovery is successful, it could mean that Ever High can be restored. One of the reasons Ever After High failed was the success of the Disney Race . However, as Barba mentioned in a recent post, EAH will likely return upon completion.

Ultimately

I can't wait to get back to Monster High. It was this line that compelled me to collect the dolls, so I waited to see what they would bring. However, if you look at how the current Mattel works, chances are you aren't expecting it. I think they are learning from their past mistakes and trying to make the old funds attractive to the new generation. If you do this, you can lose fans' trust and waste your time and money. Honestly, if I don't like the toys I brought with me, the worst thing that can happen is keeping the money for something else (which isn't a bad thing). I say that I care more about what's going to happen than I expected.

Ghoulia and Picture day Frankie Stein

That's all I have to say about Monster High's upcoming resume. What do you think about it? Also let me know if you find it easy to read and if you need articles like this in the near future.

I haven't prepared anything for my next post. I've been late to blogging lately. I'm focused on other things and I don't think I have time to focus on my blogs. Keep in mind that I currently have a second blog ( cooking blog ) that I try to maintain monthly and it takes up a lot of my time. I've wanted to do a different Winchester for a while, maybe I should do it.

I hope you are all safe and healthy and hope to see you again in a few weeks.

monster works

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url