Coral wainscot for spring diorama

Spring came a few weeks ago and the new season needs new colored backgrounds. If you've been following my blog for a while, you're probably familiar with my Mix and Match series, where I created interchangeable elements that can be used as a background for your doll pictures. I recently made a charcoal vest to match some of my colored walls, but today I wanted to make a color version, so I used it for spring and summer photos.

Cover Photo: Kristen in front of a beige wall with coral wainscot

I won't go into much detail in this post becauseI explained in detail how to fix Wainscott in my original post about the new Winscot design . However, I have changed some of the dimensions and reports I will describe so that you can choose the most appropriate report.

I also want to note that I bought a new desk, so things may look a little different than usual.

The accessories you need are the same as before, namely:

  • Connecting plate / gray board.
  • Sharp cuts (with new edges).
  • Glue sticks and PVA glue.
  • Primer I personally like to use Gesso.
  • Work art paints and brushes.
  • kuti seri.

Normally I would start cutting out all the details, but by the time I made the final sketch I had already cut two. This time our main body will be 17 cm (6.69 inches) instead of 16 cm (6.3 inches). Below is a 2 cm (0.79 inch) piece that I will use as a cut.

Binding cardboard pieces to build the wainscot

Therefore, now I only need to make incisions to cut the top. I did 1.6 cm (6.30 inches) because I thought the size would look more proportionate to the cut below. I cut as usual.

Cutting binding cardboard

Fill the pieces with plaster on both sides and leave to dry. We must have it.

All pieces cut and primed

Glue the pieces with PVA glue. I usually use any white glue you can get from a hardware store, and I get better results than you can buy from an office supplies store. I also wanted to go further to try the colors, but you know, I went too far.


Draw a few lines in the serial box to create our vertical bar. I made myself 1.3 cm (5.12 inches). Cut them.


I like to plan the placement and disassembly of the boards before sticking something on the floor. I decided to leave a gap of 12 cm (4.72 inches) between them. It gives me an idea of ​​what it looks like. Maybe I should clean my workplace better before taking any pictures.

Planning out the distance between the slats

Measure the gap between the upper and lower rails and cut the required part. If there is a slight difference between one part and another, I would recommend measuring the exact place where you will install it.

Measuring

You can glue two or more pieces together to get more size. I chose only two adhesives.

Using a glue stick

When all the boards are ready, it's time to put them in place. Take your time with this section. First I glued 5 cm (1.97 inches) from the edges and then left 12 cm between them.

Gluing the slats

When everything sticks, it's time to paint. I chose coral blush from Americana Acrylics . This is the color I used todraw the keyboard I made a while ago.

Painting the wainscot with coral blush

For comparison, I took this picture with Gray and Coral Wenscott, so you can see the difference between the two.

Comparison between the two wainscots

Now it's time to set up a stage to take a few pictures of the dolls. As I mentioned earlier, this is a new work desk with black panels. It's actually a desk, and these panels are for hanging tools, but I bought them so they wouldn't tear down my walls by installing doll photo props.

Sticking diorama to a working bench. Before sticking the wainscot.

First I will lay a part of the floor, then I will glue the part to the wall with a poster cabinet. Then glue the layer to the wall using poster paste.

Diorama sticked to a working bench

Now let's see what this looks like in front of the camera, which is Winscott's main goal. I will combine it with my wooden wall, which is the only "neutral" wall so far. This is a picture with Kim.

Kim leaning towards a beige wall with a coral wainscot

The camera looks redder in real life, but I'm not angry about that.

Kim in a beige and coral diorama scene

I wanted to try what it would look like with something more colorful. I decided to go with my C glass wall , which has a slightly pale color and I thought it could work.

Barbie Vitiligo in front of a green wall with a coral wainscot

It looks very gray in the camera, but it is actually a soft green with shades of gray. I do not know my attitude to this color combination.

Kristen in front of a green wall with a coral wainscot

In general, I am very pleased with this tile. It's a pretty fun and clever color, but it may not be suitable for a casual look. I feel that I need more props because my scenes still look very "empty", but I approach each project. I work very slowly and have been getting less inspiration lately. I have a complete list of projects and ideas, but I don't know how to prioritize them.

Kristen sitting on the floor in front of the coral wainscot

I do not know what to do for the next post. I try to create different posts so that people don't get bored, but I don't know what to do next. I started another comment, but I don't know if I want to finish, or I'll try to write another post from scratch.

Personally, we are good. I try to manage psoriasis with lipsticks and natural remedies and I have to expose my spots to direct sunlight for 10 minutes every day. I also have severe neck pain, but I went to a physiotherapist and he gave me exercises that I could do every day so that I would not have any more neck pain. But other than that, we feel good and healthy.

Then let me know what you want to see, as well as what you think about this project. I hope you are well and see you in my next post.


Craft Monsters



My culinary blog:

Developed with MS


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url