The return of Monster High

Hello գալուստ welcome to my blog. I want to do something I do not do these days - write reviews. I usually do not talk about new dolls or comment on dolls that I do not have yet, but I like to do something else in between. Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion, it is subjective. In addition, my criticism is constructive, without respect for the designers involved - their work. In any case, I came down without explaining in advance. I will also try to divide this article into sections to make it easier to read. Now let's finally get to that.

Orange Hair Howleen Coffin Bean Clawdeen

It was announced long ago that Monster High would return. If you've watched it for a while, you know I love Monster High. That's why my nickname is "Monster Crafts". But since this series ended in 2016-2017, I have focused more on my Barbie dolls.

A little story about Monster High!

For those unfamiliar with these dolls, the Monster High Mattel was a range of fashion dolls produced from 2010 until its demise in 2017. The series is aimed at teenagers of some mythical monsters (quite Universal effect). monsters). The main characters of the first structure are Frankie Stein, Frankenstein's wolf daughter, Cleo de Neil, mother's daughter. Duce Gorgon, son of Medusa; Dracula, daughter of Dracula; Claude Wolfe - the daughter of a wolf - Laguna Blue - the daughter of a sea monster (I always thought it was based on a creature in the pond).

The partner also presented a series of web-bizodes of the same name that let you know your dreams. They have included biographies on their websites that give the characters more depth and some features to connect with children. The magazines that came with the dolls provided them with a background story and helped them dive into Monster High dolls. If you ask me, it was a great marketing idea.

Gareth Sander is considered to be the creator of Monster High և I think the original designers were the same. Other designers included Rebecca Shipman (who also created the Wild Hearts Club dolls), Natalie Villegas and Javier Mibi.

Unfortunately, sales of Monster High dolls began to decline, so they decided to restart the line in 2016. The new dolls had more baby faces, less precise clothes and accessories, and many of them were not expressive, which was one of them. . The fans complained. While recharging, Garrett left Sander Mattel and moved to Australia to work for Moose Toys (a company that makes Shopkins ), where he worked on Capsule Chix և Fail-Fix lines. The series was canceled shortly after its relaunch, much to the displeasure of some fans, but Mattel was also disappointed, believing they had destroyed the doll line.

What to do now?

Group of Monster High dolls with a blue background
Draculaura, Deuce Gorgon, Frankie Stein.
Julia, Cloudin և Howlin Wolf.

news

In mid-February, Mattel Monster High continued to post on various social media profiles և updated profile pictures. Monster High's Instagram account has started commenting and liking some casual Monster High photo users. Maybe the fans thought Monster High would be back, և ever since ... almost from the time the line was cut. It looked like it was going to happen soon, but when the limited edition Skullector dolls (Grady Twins և Pennywise) were announced last year, fans started to hope again.

On February 23, it was announced that Mattel և Nickelodeon had teamed up on two projects planned for 2022: a cartoon և live-action film. Shi Fontana, who works for the DC SuperHero Girls franchise, has been announced as the animated series show I was so excited about. I'm not so sure about direct actions, because it can be very wrong. He also wants to become a musician, I think this is a very controversial genre. You can read more about this in this recent story article .

Gareth Sander accidentally announced that he was leaving Australia and returning to the United States. Naturally, this led to rumors that Mattel would return to work. Gareth denied the rumors, but I personally wish he was involved.

What can we expect?

It still knows very little about the reboot, as there is no official information. What I have found will be dolls from the "premium" collection based on the original line, which will appear on the shelves by the end of 2021. 2022 One of them will be to play with some of the main dreams in original costumes, which I think will be the "high end" line. If so, this might be my chance to get Julia's signature.

I think we can expect to see the characters in the beginning line, maybe with new characters. As I write this, Mattel has confirmed on his Instagram that Frankie, Draculaura և Claudine will participate in the reboot, which does not surprise me, as they were the most popular among the boys. Unfortunately, I do not think some of the characters that will be added later in the line will be included in the reload. One of the problems with Monster High is that it is very large in a short time. In a short time many characters were presented, many of which did not lag behind or had a great impact. I do not think that characters like Batsy Claro, Luna Motus or hybrids will be included in the charge.

Given the recent reboot failure, I think the reboot will be closer to the start line than the reboot dolls. While many people think that the line should not be reopened, I do not have to agree when they go out to start work. Or I think the essence of the first line can be preserved, I think the line can benefit from a new look, a fresher look. They can point out what makes the first line special, such as the unique look, the articulation, the background ... և add it to new body types, clothes that follow current trends և etc. can be combined with new elements such as: There is no sweet place there. you can take the old և feel the new.

Orange hair Howleen Wolf outdoors photo

Expectations և Concerns

One of the things that worries me the most is the price. Monster High was not the cheapest line, but the prices were in the game range և they were still quite cheap. I could not remember the prices in the US, so I asked him on Twitter, some users said it was about $ 20-22 for "all dolls" (including the doll booth և magazine), but there was a bigger budget. The lines were about 12-14 dollars.

Referring to the current series of Barbie, it can be noticed that the prices of dolls have increased, but the quality is not much. Some of the modern Barbie lines are very expensive for the game line, for example, the new Barbie Xtra costs about $ 25 for a favorite box և puppy. I do not know how much money they would get if they came with a doll stand, everyday items and cool. With that in mind, I do not expect Monster High to be cheaper than $ 25-30.

My second biggest concern should be quality, especially considering the quality և price mix. If we take the Fashionistas line as an example, the price has not changed, you can see that the quality has dropped from the 2016 Fashionistas line. And don't start me off with the 1959 BMR line. "Collector". This problem bothers me especially when it comes to "high class" dolls, because I'm afraid it means "cheap quality, high price". I do not want to pay more than $ 35 for Signature Ghoulia to know that her eyes are pixelated and cheap.

On a positive note, I have high hopes for design. The original line was appreciated because each doll was unique, with a unique style, color scheme and head sculpture. This, combined with the fascinating variety of Fashionistas series (dolls with vitiligo or prosthetic legs, sculpted bodies, etc.) can make the models even more unique. I can't wait to see a new face with a crooked body.

I hope that if the reload is successful, we can say that Ever After High is back. One of the reasons for the collapse of Ever After High was the success of Disney's Descendants . However, as Barb points out in a recent post, the place to return to EAH may have long since disappeared.

At the end of the line

I'm very excited about the return of Monster High. This is the line that makes me collect dolls, so I'm very interested in seeing what they have to offer. However, given Mattel's game, expectations may not be met. I sincerely believe that they have learned from the mistakes of the past; they will try to satisfy their old hobby, but they will try to pass it on to the new generations. If they get confused, they run the risk of losing the trust of the fans and, of course, losing the money and time invested. Frankly, if I do not like the dolls left by them, the worst that can happen is that I save money on other things (which is not so bad). I would say that I'm more interested in what to expect than hoping for a touching line like the first.

Ghoulia and Picture day Frankie Stein

This is all I have to say about the next reboot of Monster High. What do you think? Let me know if it's easy for you to read, if you would like more articles like this in the near future.

As for the next post, I have not prepared anything. I've been slowing down the content of my blog lately. I'm busy with other things: I do not find time for blogging. Please note that I now have a second blog ( cooking blog ) that I try to compile on a monthly basis և it takes a long time. I wanted to make another stove that I had bought a long time ago, maybe I will make it.

I hope everyone is safe, healthy, I hope I can be reunited in a few weeks.

Craft of monsters

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url