The great outdoors

It's no secret that I'm not the best photographer. If I've been here a while, you may have noticed that I only shoot indoors and always use the same background. This year I tried more experiments with the background to make my photos more interesting, but I kept them indoors anyway. I tried to convey outdoor recreation with my photos with the swimming pool that I took in the garden, but it was very limited. My small backyard isn't a great place for outdoor photography because it doesn't have any interesting plants or architecture, so I envy people who have a nice backyard because they can easily take pictures at the outside.


Outdoor doll photography. L.A. Girl


So if you don't have a good private place to take outdoor photos, like me, you'll have to go to a public place. I didn't really want to go to a crowded place with a group of dolls, but I also wanted to take a picture. So I needed to find a quiet place that could provide an interesting backdrop.
In my hometown there is an old medieval fort built in an old Roman villa. There are remains of the villa walls and some towers of the old castle. Trees have grown among the archaeological remains, giving the impression of a small garden. Tourists are very interested in visiting, so they are always full of visitors during the summer and Easter holidays. So we had to wait until the end of the summer season. Luckily, Mr. Monster took a week off right after most of the tourists left. So we picked up dolls on Monday morning and went there as soon as it opened.


Barbie Fashionista Outdoor Photography

I was a bit nervous at first as I was completely out of my comfort zone. Fortunately, I was able to relax a bit and Mr. Monster really helped me manage my anxiety. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my bag and the rest of the dolls on a rock, concentrating on photographing the dolls. This is the first photo I took.


Asha Made To Move Outdoor Photography

It was a gloomy day as it rained all weekend, but the sun was still enough to get good light.


Doll outdoor photography

We stayed there for about 45 minutes, looking for interesting places and taking pictures. At this point, visitors started showing up, so I stopped taking pictures comfortably. People find it strange that an adult collects dolls. Some will be polite enough to go about their business and leave without saying anything, but some will have to make nasty comments. Not wanting to deal with any unwanted attention or potentially grim comments, we decided to grab the dolls and go. I know I shouldn't worry about what other people say, but I still don't have the strength.


Barbie Outdoor photography park

At some point during the photo shoot, when I wasn't looking, Mr. Monster picked up one of the dolls and started photographing it on his cell phone. He took one of the best photos of the whole session. Maybe he should start his own doll blog.


Barbie outdoor photos

This article is not intended to provide you with photography tips. I just wanted to share not only the photos but also my experiences and how I feel. Maybe one day this post will encourage someone who faces my insecurities to step out of their comfort zone. Some of the things that helped me were being with someone I trust and feel comfortable with, sharing my hobby (Mr. Monster) and finding a quiet place .



In general, I am very happy with this photoshoot. When it was my first time, I didn't really know how to pack the dolls and how many dolls to bring. I need to work more on the perspective of some photos. I would like to take a photo of the outside again soon and bring different dolls. Let's see if I have time after the final exam in January.



Hope you enjoyed this article. Let me know what you think of your photography and your outdoor photography tips and tricks.

appearance.

Create monsters.


Note: Although I'm not particularly active on Instagram this month, I want to give it a try. I will be very happy if you follow me there, like and comment on some of my photos.

Note: The renovations to our home are nearly complete and we plan to move in by the end of winter.




You can follow me on:

FacebookTwitterInstagramTumblr _ _ _
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url