Quick craft: letter decor

In recent years I have made some furniture, especially bookcases, to complement my interior photography. I now have a few pieces that I can swap, but I don't have a lot of details to fill in and sometimes I feel really empty. So I decided that what I really needed to do was learn how to do it right.


Today we're working on a "spelling embellishment" (I didn't get a better name) using some wooden letters. I found it at a shop called Teddy and I thought it was designed for a poster, but it's the perfect size for a fashion doll. This is a very simple craft, so I'll show you two different designs.


For this craft you will need:

  • Small wooden letters for posters.
  • Mixing popsicles and/or wood coffee.
  • Hand painting.
  • White glue or hot glue.
  • Scissors or cutter.

Let's start with the simplest design, it's actually the last one I made. I took the letters to write the word "home". You can write whatever you want, but short words work better.


I painted myself with American and Acrylic 's Sea Glass because I wanted cool colors, but I wanted subtle ones anyway. If you like the look of an empty tree, you can leave it like this.


When the letters dry, I cut an ice cream stick to use as a base. The size will depend on the size of the letters and the spacing you want to give them, but should be around 6 cm. I cut with scissors instead of scissors to get a sharp edge.


After smoothing the edges a little, I painted them with white acrylic paint.


Once everything is dry, glue the letters using hot glue or white glue. I recommend planning the place in advance. I put some duct tape here and there to set the distance.


This is the end result. I know it's not revolutionary and I'm not the first to do it, but I wanted to give it a try.


Now let's move on to the second image. This takes more work, but is still much easier. We made a wooden base to attach our papers to. I started by sorting 6 wood mills and measuring the size I wanted. I made both 6.5cm (2.56cm) and another 8cm (3.15cm). While you can see the big one in the picture, I used the smaller one for the design.


Cut the wood to the desired size.


Measure, cut, and glue two pieces of wood together to tie it all together. Make sure these pieces are small so they don't tip over.


Once everything is dry, it's time to paint. I chose to paint using the same water stain I used for my hardwood floors. If there are no stains at home, you can create the same effect with acrylic paints as I described in my console box .

When the stain dried, I painted the letters with white acrylic. At this point I want the "fall" tag, but you can choose any other word you like.


Once everything is dry, it is time to apply white glue. Again, I used duct tape to keep the letters straight. Do not rush.


This is the result.


Let's take some pictures with new tags. Let's go home first. I used a sea glass wall mount to see what it looked like. It initially involves a subtle touch which seems very subtle, since I first created the "enemy". But after I took some photos with him, I really liked it.





Pigeons are on a gray shelf, not white.


Let's go to "Autumn". In this photo I'm using a new wall that I painted lightly with butter .


I love the warmth of the whole scene. I also like that it matches the floor.


I tried it on a red rose wall here. To try something different, I glued it to the wall using a poster cabinet.


I think this is a quick and easy idea to make decorations for your Diorama. I'll be making Christmas using the same technique I used for the fall sign. There are several options available to you. For example, you can make an "L" shape with an ice cream stick and use letters to create a book tip.


While working on this article, I met this wood star at a furniture store called Kassa . They're designed to spread across a table, but because they're made of wood, they can work beautifully as letters.


I plan to make more "little decorations" in the future. I've published a lot of flyers in the past, but I don't have the bubbles to create them. I want to make a snake plant to add green to the shelf. I also have an idea for a sofa, but that will take longer. Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first, so this is my 2022 plan. I'd better finish the cover and make a Christmas photo.


In other news, I am trying to update my Facebook page . I know some of you are off there but if you are, I'm glad you liked my page. If so, be sure to like and/or comment on my latest articles so you can see my updates in your feed.

I hope all goes well. If you plan on doing the same for your doll, let me know in the comments. I don't know if I can write another post before the holiday season, but let's meet in December.

Amazing skill.


Note: The wall in the first photo is a brand new American acrylic lamp wall.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url