Pop of color 2

Congratulations to all!

I've been busy this week so I can't post anything. I'm working on this chair, slowly but surely. Monster was busy painting the house, so he couldn't help me with pictures. To do this, I took some pictures of my doll. If you've read my post on Pop of Color , you know that I purchased color samples from a store where I used them as backdrops for my doll photography. I put back some of what I had and borrowed the rest. I admit when I'm not busy with my work, I ask, "What color am I going to get next?" I can not stop thinking.

I'm not going to post more snaps, wanted to post a craft, but was a bit disappointed that there was nothing I could do and didn't want to leave the blog for so long. Also, I love to experiment with photography and colours. If you've followed me on Instagram , you've probably seen some photos before, but here they are.

Style Luxe Midge doll photography monster crafts blog

In the last post I used a darker turquoise color as the background, which didn't really matter. Then I started thinking about what a Monster High doll would look like. It fits perfectly with the Nephro color scheme, but doesn't really stand out from this background.

Signature Nefera de Nile photography

It was fitting for a Vandal, but the hat was too big, so it was hard to imagine.

Vandala Doubloons Monster High doll photography

I chose a brownish brown because I thought it would look good. It's a neutral color, nice, but I don't like other colors. I love how it stands out above Leah's pink top.


I also have a lighter version of turquoise, which is actually the color I chose for my bedroom. It is a beautiful color, but it looks much brighter unlike dolls.


A big difference with dark tones.





I wanted to choose a lighter green, but the green in this color scheme is a bit too faint. Bamboo is not very good for green dolls.


It looks very unpleasant against the background of a very colorful doll like Posia. It's the same background, but looks completely different, right?


The red color from the previous post is still my favourite. I don't think any doll looks bad.


The dark purple background matches Raven Quinn's color scheme, but doesn't really stand out.



I have another dark purple like the other burgundy which looks more pronounced.



I chose a darker lavender tone which looks much lighter and looks better in the previous shot.



It seems very neutral. I wonder what the darker tone will be...



I longed to find bright pink and orange tones for my photos, but this is the best I could find. This is fine, but not what I was looking for.



So, what I've been doing lately is photographing dolls. I hope to finish the chair soon. I'm also thinking of taking something new as a backdrop for my doll photography. I see glossy cardboard, which is very pleasant to use.

What do you use as a background for photography?

miss




 

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url