Photo compilation: February 2021

Unfortunately, a month has passed, it's time for another series of photos. I wanted to make a separate post in February because I wanted to challenge myself to post a photo on Instagram every day and work on a new photo. I managed to do it, but I'm using some photos I previously posted on the blog, so don't post them here. At some point, I started to feel that I wasn't ready to photograph dolls yet. Even though I have graduated from school, I am very busy. I signed up for an HTML course, worked on some documents, looked for work, plus now I have two blogs to create and promote content. I think I lost a little weight, it squeezed my creativity a little bit.

The month started off really well. After posting some photos frommy New Wainscot design post, I wanted to use them again for some photos. The idea of ​​these photos is "Stay at home". By the time I picked it up, the situation I was in seemed so bad, we were encouraged to stay home. So I dressed my Victorian doll in comfortable clothes and took a picture.



I used this photo for an Instagram event called #dollweekendplans hosted by @sassie_dolls . Every week, from Friday to Sunday, you can post a photo of your dolls doing what they do on the weekends. This weekend my doll will stay home and watch TV. I used this as an opportunity to show a puppet show I did a few years ago but haven't used since.


Sometimes I don't have a shooting theme, but there's a color scheme I'd like to use. Inspired by a Victorian T-shirt and some photos I took for #monday4dolls (see here ), I combined my blue walls with some colorful squares to create a fun design.



The blue box is a new addition to the box family. One day, out of nowhere (no pun intended), I decided I wanted to make a blue box. I used True Blue from Americana Acrylics .


I have 4 photos that I like, because I like to post my photos in groups of 3, I decided to take 2 photos with other dolls that fit the topic. I like these photos the most.





It was at this point that I started to lose my inspiration. I don't know exactly what it is, but I'm not in the mood to take a picture, I just wanted to make one. Luckily, I have some photos of my vitiligo on my wrist that I took in January when I graduated from college.




This doll doesn't have a name, so I'm looking for suggestions. I thought about naming her Winnie after the model, but I don't think it suits her.



I also ended up posting some photos from my 1959 Tate BMR review , including this one I didn't include in the original post.


At the end of the month, I took some photos to join #monday4dolls. After not being inspired by this topic for weeks, I finally got to join. The argument is "white", which can be interpreted in different ways. I didn't want to make the background all white so I took my new green walls, white dress and some white furniture to match my photo.


I made this wall around February 8-10 and it took me until the end of the month to start using it. I used American Acrylics Sea Glass . Sounds more boring than I expected, but it looks nice and realistic. Also, I feel that the color of this sage/jade type is quite trendy nowadays.



I have a few with these new walls, but I brought more dolls. I was so uninspired that I didn't know what to do, so I started shooting random dolls in various poses.


Some say this doll looks like Jason Blossom from the Archie Comics universe. What do you think?

BMR 1959 Tate




I hope you enjoy this post. I know the photos are a little shocking, but I'm very happy with some of them. I'm currently working on dollhouse furniture, this should be my next post in case something goes wrong. I see that Monster High is destined to return, I thought I'd comment on it. I thought I'd release it before then but don't want to rush it I really have time to find out how I feel about this.

Good luck, see you in the next post.

Craft with monsters


To view other photo collections , click the Photo Gallery tab .



Instagram: @monster_crafts :
Twitter: @monster_crafts :

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url