New doll: Barbie Fashionista with vitiligo plus life update

Wow, it's June. It seems like it was February two days ago and I just moved here. Where have all these weeks gone? The school year isn't officially over yet, but most of my projects and classes are behind me. In fact, I already know that I have passed at least 70% of one of my subjects, although official grades are not posted until July. Now that I'm a little more comfortable, I thought I could come over here and tell you a little about my new dolls.

Barbie Fashionista with vitiligo


A few weeks ago, when things started to return to normal, I searched Amazon for a few dolls for sale. I bought a Vitiligo Fashionista for about 10 euros (instead of the current 14 euros on sale) and also a BMR1959 crooked doll. I will write a separate article about the BMR doll because I want to do more research and comparisons.

I haven't bought many dolls in the last few years, not only because I don't have enough money for dolls now, but also because I have a lot of dolls that I can spend more time on. just get dolls that really grab my attention. And, fortunately, a few dolls have caught my attention lately. However, this particular doll has attracted me ever since Mattel started messaging us @barbiestyle . Of course, I should have had it, and finally we have it!


She has a very sweet and kind face. There is a carnival sculpture here, I don't really like it, but I think it's beautiful. The spots on the face look like part of the coating/paint because they are satin in color.

Barbie fashionista 135 with vitiligo


In addition to the face, there are spots on the shoulders and both arms. I took off his clothes, he still has patches, but he is wearing only the clothes that you see in the photos. I don't think there's much reason to complain about a $10 doll. I also noticed that her hands are more rubbery than other fashionistas, but I'm not sure if it's just her or all the new dolls. This rubbery plastic was probably easier to patch than the hard one.


I am very happy with this doll and had a great time drawing her. His face is very expressive, which compensates for the lack of articulation. I could probably turn into a Made To Move Yellow upper body and paint the spots with layered paint, but she wouldn't be a little Barbie anymore. For now, I'm thinking of leaving it as is.



All in all, I think this is a very unique doll and deserves the price I paid for it. The quality is not great, but better than other dolls that Mattel offers these days. The dress is also very beautiful, and the print is not the one I chose, but it suits her very well. It's very simple and I can't help thinking that if I ever learned to sew, it would be so easy to recreate this dress.



In other doll-related news, we take a leisurely walk around the house. The whole lockdown situation surprised us and we couldn't go to the right grocery store for home and we couldn't even go back to our old house to complete the move. I couldn't choose the background I used for the photos until 2 weeks ago. I don't want to complain too much because the situation is very bad and it's just a minor inconvenience, but it's nice to be back to normal and start making things right again.

As for the doll room, we have made progress. In the end, all my dolls are on the shelves, but they are sitting because I can't find the rest of the doll stands. I still have to leave my clothes and accessories, but I will have to wait until the end of June.



As I showed in a previous post , I have a small office where I study and work. When Mr. Wolf started working from home, we put together a folding round coffee table (“one of those things you keep anyway”) that we bought at my grandparents’ house when he died, and an outdoor chair to store it. your business. own small workplace. Our original plan was to get one of the tables that would allow me to adjust the height because my desk is so short. But we couldn't buy it due to the current situation, so we took this large plastic table that is sold in Carrefour and will use it at our workplace. . This is not enough for me, so my laptop lies on a piece of foam that comes with an electrical appliance. We don't know how much Mr. Monster will have to work from home, but for now, it's enough. I also have a fruit cart waiting to be cleaned where I will put my craft supplies.



There is still a lot of work to be done on the dollhouse and room, but we will get to that later. This year, classes won't end until the end of June (26 or 27, I think), so I don't think I can write any sooner. I have a few post ideas and was looking forward to trying out the background idea, but I couldn't go to the craft store. I hope to be back by early July with a more creative article.

Thanks to everyone who joined me in the idea of ​​"looking for bloggers ". I expected this to fail, but I'm glad some of you thought it was a brilliant idea. If you haven't done so yet and would like to join us, feel free to. There is no time limit. Look at their posts, they gave some great advice: Barb , Linda , Dollsdolour , Pixie Dust Dolls . Also, a nice lady named Dorothy left the list in the comments section of my previous post.

I hope you are well and I will "see" you as soon as possible.

terrible workmanship



See these articles:


We will keep in touch

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url