Doll Review: Barbie BMR 1959 Curvy

And like I said, I couldn't do it for almost a month. The last few weeks in college have been crazy. I thought I mentioned this before, but I signed up for an online internship at a communications agency. In a word, the client was not satisfied with our last task, we basically had to do it all over again. All this in the last 3 weeks of classes I also had to see and present the project. I realized that I finally have time to come here and talk about everything related to dolls.

A few years ago, I had a lot of redheads, mostly because that was the only way I could find a blog that posts content regularly. When I was bored, I didn't think people would be interested, so I stopped doing it. Now when I talk about a new doll, I try to add something to the post, like a new background or a comment on a different topic. But as far as this particular doll is concerned, I think I have a lot to say, so downvote it, this post will get a lot of comments.



For those not in the know, this BMR1959 doll was released in late October/early November 2019. If you missed it, here's the ad . When I saw it, I didn't like it. The clothes are too weird for me and I'm pretty embarrassed. To my surprise, she loves people, they are very cute and she thinks the fashion looks amazing, but I found them... a bit ugly. When I received the clothes, I found that some of the dolls were beautiful, especially this one. After all, if you don’t like the outfit that the doll brings you, you can always fix it.

Why did it take me so long to get this doll? Since I don't really sell dolls for their clothes, I'm not going to try and find them. I see the price is $30 and in my experience dolls in this price range cost about 50 euros ($55) in Spain. I wouldn't spend 50 euros on a doll that I don't actually sell. Also a Criswell Lim doll was reported about a month ago and I really like it (see here ). They weren't available in Spain at the time, but I expected to spend my coins on them, so I had to wait for BMR. To my surprise, the BMR1959 sells for €30 ($33) and this is the first time I've sold a Mattel collectible doll for the same price. I'm a little more interested in this doll, but I'm still waiting for Chriselle Lim. A few months ago Chriselle Lim was no longer on sale in Spain and I couldn't find a seller for the European store. To be honest, this is a bit disappointing. However, I was browsing Amazon about a month ago and found this lady for 22 euros. This was my chance to finally connect with him and he is finally here.



The packaging is very beautiful. it looks like a bag that closes with a string. The only catch is that you can't see the wrist, so you don't know if you're wearing a crooked wrist. Once opened, the doll will be protected by a BMR1959 logo handkerchief. This is a complex detail.




It comes with this box. Each BMR1959 has a different background color, a nice bright purple that I would like to recreate for future photos.

BMR 1959 GHT94


The purple background does not stick to the box, so you can easily slip and jump on your wrist. Here.



To be honest, I can say that I don't like her clothes. However, I understand this mainly because I like his face. He uses Pazette sculptures, which are rarely used, especially in the dolls in the collection. I don't have a doll to wear this sculpture so I'm very happy to add it to my collection. I think I'm kind of a "sculptor".



I think he's good overall, but I can tell that his face isn't exactly symmetrical. I prefer dark lipsticks, I think they go very well.

Her hair is a ponytail. Part of the hair is twisted and twisted into an elastic band. This is a great haircut. She dyed her baby's forehead hair, which Mattel has been doing lately, especially with colored dolls. She has sunglasses on her hair, and I will try to get rid of her someday.



She wears silver earrings. One of them says "BMR" and the other "1959", but the camera doesn't look very good in my opinion.



Like I said, I don't like clothes. These dolls are said to be inspired by the 90s and the people she loves are reminiscent of Benetton Barbies from the 90s. Personally, when I first saw her, I didn't get a Benetton, I got a Barbie and a Supreme . However, it seems to me that the fashion of the 90s has been influenced lately, so now I agree.



His outer jacket was made of plastic, which was quite rigid, so he couldn't take it in a good position. When I saw the promotional photo, I thought it would be made of thin synthetic fabric. It hurts a lot to put it on or take it off. In addition, he is not very well prepared.

At first, I did not know what a hooded dress from my grandmother's sofa would look like. But recently I saw the real version of it on Instagram: I got it. I don't think this design is well suited to puppet scale, not for everyone. Or I called it granny's throne, I love typing, it's colorful.



He also wore those golden shoes. I like them because they are versatile, but I think they are in contact with clothing.


The Made to Move doll has dark skin that looks like purple flower pants.



Here is my problem with this line. I do not perceive them as collectible dolls, they look "luxury fashionable". €30 I think it's a bit pricey for what you get, but the €22 I paid is a fair price considering it has a mobile case and support. A regular floating doll costs between 15 and 18 euros, and a few years ago a Style Luxe doll cost 20 euros. Maybe it's just me, but I think they charge more because it's marked as a collectible. I know the price difference is small, but it worries me.



Another thing that worries me is that we haven't seen regular Made To Move dolls in a long time, so I think Mattel decided to make this more unique body type in the collection more difficult to manufacture. Find them.

In general, this doll seemed beautiful to me, I'm glad that I finally bought it, even more than I bought at a discount. I don't like this dress, but I think it's pretty much in line with the current trend. Very ASOS, very Supreme. Maybe I'm too old to understand (or call it) this "urban" style, or maybe I'm from a different culture that I don't understand. People seem to like this style, so I'm wondering if Mattel has thought of selling a fashion pack around this theme.



As for the other dolls in the collection, I think they are luxurious and if I had a bigger budget to spend on dolls, I would try to get Kira. In fact, if money and space weren't an issue, I would buy all the dolls I have. Unfortunately since we moved I've been cutting my budget to spend a lot of dolls so I'll stick with the dolls I really need. They just released the second channel on this line, and there is a red-haired guy who seems to be native to me, but so far he is the only one I want to buy.

So what do you think? Am I too strict? Write in the comments what you think about this doll. I always pay attention to what you say.

I hope all is well and see you soon.

Monster Craft:

PS He needs a name too, so any suggestions are welcome.


We'll be in touch.



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url