New doll: Barbie Fashionista with vitiligo plus life update

Oh, suddenly it's June. It seems like two days ago February, I just moved here. Where have all the weeks gone? The school year isn't officially over yet, but most of my projects and classes are over. In fact, I already know I've passed at least 70% of one of my subjects, even though the official grades won't be out until July. Since I'm a bit calmer now, I thought I'd come over here and tell you a little bit about my new dolls.

Barbie Fashionista with vitiligo


A few weeks ago when things were going well I searched Amazon and found that there were dolls for sale. I got the Vitiligo Fashionista for about 10 euros (instead of the 14 euros they seem to be selling these days) և I got the և curved և BMR1959 doll. I'm going to write a separate article on the BMR doll because I want to go deeper - make comparisons.

I haven't bought many dolls over the past few years, not only because I have a smaller budget for dolls, but also because I have many dolls that I could devote more time to. only buy the dolls that really catch my eye. And luckily, few dolls have caught my attention lately. However, this particular doll has intrigued me ever since Mattel insulted us in their @barbiestyle posts . Of course I had to have it - finally we have it.


She has such a beautiful, friendly face. He has a carnival sculpture that I don't particularly like, but I think it's beautiful. The spots on her face seem to be part of her veneer/paint because they have a satin finish.

Barbie fashionista 135 with vitiligo


In addition to his face, he has spots on both shoulders and both hands. I took his off to see if he had any other patches but he only has what is shown in the photos. I guess you really can't complain too much about a $10 doll. I've noticed that her hands are more rubbery than other fashion lovers, but I'm not sure if it's just her or all the new dolls. It was easier to paint patches on this rubber patch than harder ones.


I am very happy with this doll: I had a great time photographing her. His face is quite expressive, which complements the lack of expression. I probably could have liked Made To Move Yellow and painted spots of different colors, but I wouldn't be a little barbie anymore. I think I'll leave it as it is for now.



Overall I think this is a very unique doll well worth the price I paid for it. The quality isn't great, but it's better than other Mattel dolls these days. The dress is pretty nice too, it suits her or the pattern is not what I would choose. It's pretty easy, I can't help but think that if I ever learned to sew, this dress could be recreated so easily.



In other non-puppet news, we're making slow progress at home. The whole lock situation surprised us: we couldn't go to the supermarket we needed for the house, or even back to our old house to complete the move. I couldn't choose the backgrounds I used for the photos until 2 weeks ago. I don't want to complain too much because the situation is pretty bad, it's just a small inconvenience, but it's good to get back to normal, to start correcting again.

As far as the doll's room is concerned, we've made progress. After all, all my dolls are on the shelves, but they're sitting because I can't find the rest of my dolls. I have yet to put my clothes and accessories away, but I'll have to wait until the end of June.



As I showed in the previous post , I have a small office where I study and work. When Mr. Monster started working from home, we built a round folding table that we got at my grandparents' house when they died (one of those things you keep "just in case") and a lawn chair for him. his little work. Our initial plan was to get one of the desks that allows you to adjust the height as I have quite a few. But due to the situation we haven't made it yet, so we took this large rubber table for sale at Carrefour, we will use it in our workspace for now. . It's a bit low for me, so my laptop is hidden in a piece of styrofoam that comes with an electrical device. We don't know how long Mr. Monster will have to work from home, but that's enough for now. I have a fruit truck waiting to be cleaned where I will put my crafts.



The dollhouse և room still needs a lot of work, but we will make it. School doesn't end until the end of June this year (26th or 27th I think) so I guess I won't be able to post much until then. I have some post ideas, I couldn't wait to try the one I had in the backend but couldn't get to the craft store. I hope to come back with a more creative article in early July.

Thanks to everyone who joined me on the idea of ​​blogging . I was expecting it to be wrong but I'm so glad some of you thought the idea was brilliant. If you haven't already and would like to join us, don't hesitate. There is no time limit. Check out their posts, they gave great tips: Barb , Linda , Dollsdolour , Pixie Dust Dolls . She is a pretty lady named Dorothy who left a list in the comments section of my previous post.

I hope you are all doing well. I will "see" you as soon as possible.

monster craft



Check out these posts.


Let's stay in contact

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url